17 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Monday, December 26, 2016 by Kyra


How Far Along? 17 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 2 pounds – I’m weighing in at 112.

Symptoms: My pregnancy hormones are running strong and I can feel my emotions all over the place.

Movement? I’m pretty sure I felt some fluttering in the middle of the night after I went to bed after eating my 2 AM snack. It’s so excited to feel my little baby make his/her presence known!

Sleep? I don’t have any problem falling right to sleep with Cash at night, but I wake up around 1-2 AM to go to the bathroom and then I sometimes have trouble falling asleep. Nick has been really sick this week so he hasn’t been sleeping well at all, which affect my sleeping as well. I think he is on the mend so I’m hoping next week will be a better week for sleep.

Exercise? I’ve had my hands full this week with making elderberry syrup, bone broth, herbalcough syrup, getting ready for Christmas and taking care of Cash so I’ve been doing lots of running around and have been on my feet almost all day but haven’t “exercised”. It is so much harder to sneak in exercise with a toddler and busy life! I’m thinking I may need to do some streaming yoga in my living room.

Food Cravings: I’ve bee enjoying bone broth with Kerrygold butter whipped up with my immersion blender and a few cracked eggs added. I’m looking forward to having some pregnancy cravings, but thus far I haven’t had many.

Food Aversions: No real aversions besides the smell of fast food or anything fried.

Happy or Moody? I’ve been pretty happy this week with just a couple hiccups. I did find myself getting teary-eyed thinking about our upcoming ultrasounds and “seeing” our baby for the first time.

Miss Anything? Craving food! This sounds odd, but I haven’t had much of an appetite. When something sounds good I get a few bites in only to find out it’s just ok. I sure hope as this babe starts to grow my cravings and appetite do as well.

Best Moment This Week: We got to hear our baby’s heartbeat again at our 16-week appointment. It ranged from 152-163. Out little babe was moving all around when she was listening to the heartbeat on the Doppler and Krysta, out student midwife, said that I have a “very active baby”. No surprise there because Cash was super active!


Looking Forward to: Our 20-week ultrasound. I can’t wait to find out the gender.


Post a Comment