17 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 17 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 1.5 Pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes! More every week! I feel like everywhere I went this week people told me how cute my pregnant belly was! I love every moment of it!

Stretch Marks? No

Belly Button? In

Maternity Clothes? Nothing new, but I am enjoying my maternity shorts!

Symptoms: I have actually felt pretty good this week. I did go to the chiropractor (who also happens to be my godmother, Kathy) for my tailbone pain. She said I strained SI joint. I had a ton of energy for a couple days and then on Sunday I took a 3-hour nap! Crazy, but I guess I needed it.

Movement? I felt lots of little kicks or punches toward the end of this week. Sometimes they feel like little bubbled popping. I love all the movement, it is still so amazing to me that our little baby is growing and moving around inside me.

Sleep? Just ok this week. I keep waking up on my back and then I have trouble going back to sleep because I’m worried about sleeping on my back. My midwife did assure me that it was fine as long as I was sleeping on my sides most of the time. She also said that it was ok since I get up to pee a few times every night too.

Exercise? Nick and I have loved our walks this week. We have been trying to walk 2 miles in the morning and then another 1-2 miles at night with the dogs. I really cherish this time because it’s uninterrupted time together. We also talk about the baby and how excited we are to be parents. I know Nick will be the most amazing daddy!

Food Cravings: I’ve had several cravings this week. Mangos, strawberries, guacamole and gluten free cranberry orange scones. I’ve been a frequent visitor of Pilgrims Market this week for their fresh baked g.f. scones!

Food Aversions: Chicken, no surprise there, and the smell of French fries.

Happy or Moody? So HAPPY! I love pregnancy!

Miss Anything? Coffee! Every time I smell a cup of coffee my mouth waters!

Nursery Progress: Nothing new to report this week. We are waiting to find out the sex before we start buying things for the baby.

Best Moment This Week: Hearing the heartbeat again. We went to our 17 week appointment on Tuesday and heard another strong heartbeat. It started out at around 160 beats per minute and then leveled out in the 150 beats per minute range. Nick recorded the heartbeat again so we can listen to it any time we want.

Looking Forward to: Finding out it baby Morelli is a boy or a girl! We will have an ultrasound at 20 weeks. We are super excited to find out!



Post a Comment