16 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 by Kyra


How Far Along? 16 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 1 pound!

Have You Started to Show? Yes! This week I had my first stranger comment on my pregnant belly!

Stretch Marks? No

Belly Button? In

Maternity Clothes? Yes, I finally took the plunge! On Sunday I tried on every pair of shorts that I own and I could only button one pair! I thought they would work if I wore them really low, but a few minutes into our church service I was extremely uncomfortable. Nick noticed me fidgeting and said that it was time to get me some maternity pants. My wonderful hubby took me to a really cute maternity store in the mall that his friend Chris told us about. At first I looked at the shorts and couldn’t get over the belly band, but I tried them on anyway and ended up loving them! Nick was so patient while I tried different maternity clothes on. He sat in a chair and struck up a conversation with the sales lady (I think she was a little sweet on him, but who could blame her- my husband is so darling!) I ended up buying two pairs of really cute maternity shorts.

Our worship pastor's wife is also pregnant and she had on the cutest pair of coral shorts, from Ross of all places. Nick also took me to Ross and I actually found two cute pairs of shorts and two darling maternity tanks. I must admit the maternity shorts are so comfortable that I wish that I had bought some sooner.

Symptoms: I still have some pain on the right side of my tailbone, but laying in child’s pose really helps. I also had a lightheaded moment this week while I was cooking. I had to sit down on the ground until I felt better. Nick thinks it was due partially to the hot shower I had just finished taking.

Movement? YES! YES! YES! I felt baby Morelli move for the first time while I was at yoga on Monday night! We were doing some bridge pose exercises and then we had our feet up against the wall with a block under our tailbones when I felt a little flipping movement. I felt what I could only describe as a tiny fish flipping around below my belly button and to my right. It was so exciting!! As soon as I finished with yoga I called Nick with my exciting news! I can’t wait for him to feel the baby moving too! I also called my mom to share the news and she was so excited! My mom shared the news with my brother’s girlfriend, Kendra, and she sent me a really sweet text telling me how excited she was for me. It is so nice to have so many people who are excited about all the little milestones.

Sleep? Better than last week. I still wake up to pee around 2 or 3 usually but I actually slept until 5 a couple nights.

Exercise? Great. I’m back to my yoga and we walk the dogs every night. We either take the 1-mile loop or if they are up for it we take the full 2-mile loop.

Food Cravings: While I still eat quite a few hard-boiled eggs and dill pickles I had a few new craving this week. One new craving this week was guacamole and salsa with blue corn chips! My mom and I were shopping at Costco and I couldn’t resist their organic guacamole and organic salsa! So yummy! I also made some delicious fajitas that I will be making again very soon. Costco also had organic mangos that made my mouth start watering. They are finally ripe and I just enjoyed my first mango from the pack and it was delicious!

Food Aversions: Chicken – no surprise there!

Happy or Moody? HAPPY! I would say my theme song for this week would be Happy by Pharrell.

Miss Anything? Coffee and wine or course! I am also missing Bonsai Bistro sushi!

Nursery Progress: I found the most adorable orange Stem Baby 'Lofty' Organic Cotton Hooded Cardigan that is on sale for Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale. When I received my catalog in the mail I saw the sweater in the baby section and fell in love with it. I showed Nick the picture in the catalog and he thought it was really cure too so I couldn’t resist ordering it! I can’t wait to hang it up in the closet in the nursery!




Best Moment This Week: I had so many best moments this week it is hard to pick so I will just mention all of them! Obviously feeling the baby move for the first time tops the charts but a close second was having a stranger notice my bump. Nick and I had lunch at Twigs with his parents on Saturday and of course as soon as we got back in the car I had to pee, again! I went back inside for a pit stop and as I was walking out one of the hostesses said, “I love your dress.” When I turned around to thank her she said, “Oh and you have such a cute pregnant belly too!” Needless to say I was beaming! I was literally giddy when I got back in the car so of course after I told Nick I called my mom to share yet another mini-milestone with her! I love being able to share something every little thing about my pregnancy with my mom. She is always so excited for me! My third best moment this week isn’t pregnancy related but it was still awesome! My brother’s girlfriend, Kendra, moved in with him this week! Nick and I helped them move a few things and it just brings tears to my eyes to see how happy they are together! I just adore Kendra and I am so happy that my brother has found such a wonderful lady who makes him happy. I can honestly say that I have never seen him happier! I have my fingers crossed that she will be my sister some day!


Looking Forward to: More movement from baby Morelli. Now that I have felt that first little movement I just want to feel it all the time!

Post a Comment