14 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, July 2, 2014 by Kyra


How Far Along? 14 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: Still holding strong at 112-113 this week

Have You Started to Show? Nick and I certainly think so, especially after a really big meal.

Stretch Marks? No, and I’m praying that I don’t get them.

Belly Button? In

Maternity Clothes? After my last experience with the see through yoga pants I’m a little gun shy about maternity clothes. Nick did tell me this week that he thinks it’s time to put some maternity pants. I’m just enjoying some long dresses that I recently purchased for the time being.

Symptoms: I had some hip pain this week while I was trying to sleep, which caused me to toss and turn for the better part of the evening.

Movement? Not yet but I’m anxiously waiting to feel those first flutters!

Sleep? Not great this week. It seems like I toss and turn from about 2 AM, which ironically is the time I get up to pee. Our house is still a mad house with all the remodeling so I think that definitely contributes to my restless sleep.

Exercise? Not good at all. This week was so busy with all the remodeling and implementing a new paperless system at our office that I hardly had time for anything else. With the 4th of July weekend coming up I’m hoping to get caught up on things and get back to my routine.

Food Cravings: Hard-boiled farm fresh eggs, dill pickles and strawberries.

Food Aversions: Chicken and anything that smells greasy.

Happy or Moody? Besides the stress from the busy week I have been super happy. I just love being pregnant! I love to sit with my hands on my tummy and think about all the changes our little miracle is going through for the week. I find myself smiling for no apparent reason during these times.

Miss Anything? Coffee and wine. I think that will be standard for the whole pregnancy.

Nursery Progress: Our contractor, Sam, finished installing the hardwoods in the nursery this week. They look so beautiful!!! I absolutely love them and can’t wait to start decorating! I have been researching cribs lately and Nick and I are trying to narrow it down. Right now our top choice is the Caravan Crib from Kalon Studios. I like the green color option. It’s a little expensive so we will see what we end up with. Nick and I both fell in love with the Ioline Crib from Kalon Studios. It has a $1595 price tag that is so expensive for a crib that will most likely not be used that often since we plan on co-sleeping.

Best Moment This Week: I actually have 2 this week. The first was finishing the flooring in the nursery. I like to stand in the doorway and just stare at the empty room. It is so fun to imagine all the possibilities.  I called my mom the day Sam finished because I was so excited to show off our nursery-even though its empty. My mom is the most wonderful mother so she rushed right over so I could show her. It is so wonderful having a mom who is almost as excited as I am about the baby! My dad and our friend and business partner, Joel, came over this week as well and as soon as they walked in I said, “Go look at the nursery!” They both humored me; Joel even said he was going to go bless the nursery. So cute! I included a picture below. My second best moment this week was a visit from my friend Monika and her new baby Jack. I haven’t seen her since her baby shower so it was so great to catch up and get in some baby time with Jack. He is quite the charmer already and he is such a good baby. It just made me that much more excited to hold our little baby when he or she comes this Christmas.



Looking Forward to: Feeling the baby move around inside me and spending some uninterrupted time with my hubby this weekend!



Post a Comment