15 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, July 8, 2014 by Kyra


How Far Along? 15 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: No weight gain yet, but I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight

Have You Started to Show? Yes. I still have a small bump but I think it’s definitely noticeable. My mom came over yesterday for a visit and she said I look pregnant from the side! Nick also looked at my tummy this week and said that he thought the baby was really growing.

Stretch Marks? No. I just ordered 3 more bottles of Mother’s Special Blend Oil. I really hope it helps prevent any stretch marks. I read that it is mostly genetic and my mom told me that she only got a few on her breasts that went away so fingers crossed!

Belly Button? In

Maternity Clothes? I’m mostly wearing my long dresses and work out clothes, but I still need some good maternity yoga pants. I’ve looked a few places but haven’t had any luck. I think I will just order some online and see if I have better luck.

Symptoms: I’ve had some dizziness and lightheadedness this week. I know it’s not because I’m dehydrated because I drink at least 68 oz of water everyday so it just must be the hormones. I also still have pain on the right side of my tailbone. Thank goodness my wonderful husband rubs the spot for me every night. Some nights I don’t even have to ask, he just automatically rubs the spot and my back. I’m one lucky lady!

Movement? No yet but I can’t wait. My friend Doreen said she first felt her daughter move when she was 16 weeks so I’m hopeful that it will happen soon.

Sleep? Better this week but did have one rough night where something I ate didn’t agree with me. Luckily, I have the best husband ever! Nick was so sweet and attentive as we were lying in bed. He softly rubbed my back, just the way I like it when I have an upset tummy, until I was able to fall asleep. He also helped calm me down when I started to worry that something might be wrong with the baby. I am so blessed to have such an amazing hubby!

Exercise? Better this week. We have been walking the dogs more regularly. Since this was 4th of July weekend my prenatal yoga class was cancelled so that was a bummer.

Food Cravings: Hard-boiled eggs, dill pickles and new this week…cherries! Our neighbors have a cherry tree that they let us pick fresh cherries from and they are so delicious!

Food Aversions: Chicken. Even hearing about food with chicken grosses me out. Nick mentioned that he was craving my BBQ chicken pizza and about midway through his sentence he remembered that I have a serious aversion to chicken right now. He looked pretty bummed out - it was pretty funny.

Happy or Moody? I would say I have had a mostly happy week with the exception of one day. I woke up in a bad mood and everything irritated me. Luckily, Nick has the patience of a saint and he put up with my moodiness all morning. After he left for work I felt super guilty so I called and apologized. Typical of my wonderful husband, he forgave me and thanked me for apologizing.

Miss Anything? Cocktails, wine and coffee. We went over to our neighbor’s house for dinner this week and had a great time. Pre-pregnancy I would also enjoy some amazing wine and special coffees to end the evening, so I’m definitely missing those!

Nursery Progress: Baby Morelli has his/her first adorable stuffed animal that was added to the nursery this week. This ties in with one of my best moments for the week.

Best Moment This Week: Again, I have two this week. On Saturday evening we went to dinner with our dear friends Mike and Doreen. They bought baby Morelli the softest, most adorable (gender neutral, as Mike pointed out) bunny! They are so thoughtful and Nick and I were so touched that they would pick out such a thoughtful gift. Doreen said that this bunny with be baby Morelli’s favorite! My second best moment this week was a visit from one of my best friends, Laura, and her adorable little son Liam! She stopped by for a nice visit and I was able to give Liam his birthday present a little early! I picked out some cute cars and a pack of 4 automobile theme puzzles. They are meant for ages 3 plus and Liam is only going to be 2, but he is so smart he was able to put the puzzles together with just a little bit of help from his mama! It was so great to catch up with Laura and see Liam, who is talking up a storm! I miss her so much and truly cherish the time we get to spend together when she comes home to Spokane for a visit. I am so blessed to have amazing friends!



I had to include this picture of Addy! As soon as I put the bunny in the nursery she was whining at me to let her smell the bunny! She was so curious about it!

Looking Forward to: Feeling baby Morelli move! I really hope it happens soon!



Post a Comment