Thanksgiving 2016

posted on Sunday, December 4, 2016 by Kyra

We had a smaller, low-key thanksgiving this year and it was so nice. This year my mom and I decided to dry brine our turkey and boy was it delicious!



We prepped the day before and it went well except for a (not so small) pie fiasco. I tried a new recipe for a paleo pumpkin pie with a grain free crust. I didn’t read the directions closely enough and ended up pressing the walnut and date crust up the side…. oops. Big mistake. The crust burned like you wouldn’t believe and the middle took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to cook. Needless to say that was three pie wasted and several hours, but I nailed it the second time and the pies you delicious!

Cash was so tired early in the day that he almost fell asleep on the floor! Luckily he got a decent nap in before dinner.


 He woke up when everyone started arriving and had a blast running around and showing off. He was the center of attention and loved it.




 The food was delicious and of course I cooked WAY too much of it, but I’m used to cooking for more people on Thanksgiving so we had tons of leftovers!

I was exhausted by the end of the day but it was a great day so it was worth it.






Post a Comment