16 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Sunday, December 18, 2016 by Kyra


Total Weight Gain: No weight gain this week. I’m still at 111.

Symptoms: I had a little bit of cramping this week but it went away after I sat down for a bit.

Movement? None yet.

Sleep? I have been passing out almost immediately at night. Some nights I struggle to stay awake until Cash falls asleep. I haven’t been able to nap with Cash but I’m hoping to sneak in a few naps this week.

Exercise? Winter has officially arrived! We got dumped on for several days so I helped shovel steps and in front of garages while Nick and Cash plowed on the 4-wheeler. Nick plows our driveway, our shop driveway, my dad’s driveway and our older neighbors across the street. Since we all live on acre lots the driveways are far from small. He also sometimes plows my mom’s driveway (which is much smaller) and wrap around sidewalk. One day after we finished plowing Nick parked the 4-wheeler in the shop, asked me if I had the keys (to which I said yes) and locked up. When I got to the door I pulled out my keys and remembered that my mom had my house key…. oops. We also didn’t have our phones on us and all of our neighbors were gone so we walked to my mom’s house in the deep snow (since no one plows their sidewalks except us apparently) switching off carrying a 25-pound toddler. Needless to say we both got our exercise! It’s hard work walking through deep snow all bundled up in snow gear!






Food Cravings: None. It’s so weird to not crave things! I have a hard time finding something to eat that excites me. Such a bummer since I normally love food!

Food Aversions: Nothing too bad. I was able to cut up some partially frozen raw chicken so I count that as a win!

Happy or Moody? This week one of my friends lost one of her adopted twins suddenly so this week was super emotional and tear filled. I filled my time cooking for her family with my mom and Cash. We made butternut squash soup, sausage lentil soup, chicken tacos, a 20-pound turkey with sweet potatoes and green beans, chicken “noodle” (spaghetti squash “noodles”) soup and 4-dozen paleo muffins. She has 6 kids so I was glad that I could help out with meal so she could focus on her family. The funeral was so incredibly hard, I’m pretty sure it was one of the saddest things I’ve ever experienced.

Miss Anything? I miss coffee. I have tea every morning but it’s just not the same. I can’t wait to have my first cup of bulletproof coffee again!

Best Moment This Week: We celebrated Cash’s second birthday with a party at our house. We had about 26 adults and 9 kids so Cash had a blast being playing with all of his friends!









Looking Forward to: Hearing our little ones heartbeat again at our appointment next week!


Post a Comment