13 Weeks (Baby #2)

posted on Sunday, November 27, 2016 by Kyra


How Far Along? 13 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: I'm down 1 pound. I started out this pregnancy at 110 pounds and of course lost 4 pounds during the first few weeks since I was so sick. Thanksgiving has helped me gain some back thankfully!

Have You Started to Show? Nick and I both think so! It’s especially obvious after a big meal and in tight fitting clothes. I feel like I popped earlier with this pregnancy.

Symptoms: This week I’ve just been feeling super tired, but my vitamins help give me a boost in the morning. Week 5 was great! I had an appetite and was feeling good...then week 6 hit and I was sick ALL DAY long and most of the night until week 11. I did some acupuncture again and it was the only thing that helped with the nausea, but I was still sick. I also had some sharp lower abdominal pains but my midwife said that it was normal and probably just my uterus getting ready for the baby. She said the body does everything more quickly the second time.

Movement? Not yet

Sleep? I had a few nights where I woke up at 3 AM and couldn’t go back to sleep until 6 AM but good other than that!

Exercise? None! Unless chasing a super active toddler counts! With Thanksgiving and all the prep involved my week was packed!

Food Cravings: Oddly enough the only craving I’ve had thus far is cut up tomatoes and cucumbers with Bragg’s ACV dressing. I haven’t had much of an appetite with this baby but I’m hoping that will change since I’m finally through the morning sickness stage.

Food Aversions: The smell of anything fried! Big surprise there! I’m still ok with chicken thankfully, but I have a slight aversion to raw chicken so Nick has been cutting it up for me.

Happy or Moody? As much as I’d like to say happy, I need to be honest with myself and admit that I’ve been a bit of a grump. I’ve been so tired so that doesn’t help, but that’s no excuse. I’ve had several super happy moments that seem to outshine the moodiness, but my family has definitely noticed my crankiness.

Miss Anything? Coffee! As usual! And wine on Thanksgiving, but I survived!

Best Moment This Week: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat for the very first time! It ranged from 150s to the 180s. Cash loves to listen the heartbeat that we recorded on our phone. It melts my heart.


Looking Forward to: More energy hopefully and getting back into my prenatal yoga!


Post a Comment