Baby Shower

posted on Monday, November 17, 2014 by Kyra

We had the baby shower at our house at 11 AM on November 8th. I loved the beautiful baby shower invites from Tiny Prints!


My mom and Kendra threw me an amazing baby shower! They put so much time and effort into all the planning and it really touched me. I don't really have a "theme" for our nursery but I have been trying to create an eco-friendly nursery for our little man. With this in mind, my mom and Kendra decorated with lots of earth tones and greens. 





The night before my mom, Kendra, Nick, Tom (my mom’s husband) and I decorated and set up the tables and chairs. Kendra surprised me with the most beautiful handmade picture collage with photos from our pregnancy announcement and gender reveal photo shoot. She is so creative! She also used a wood burning kit to make a few other signs for the party.





We had an array of good hors d'oeuvres and some awesome spiced cupcakes from Lake City Cakes in Coeur d’Alene. They even made me a dozen gluten free cupcakes that were delicious! Everything turned out way better than expected.

People started arriving around 11 and I had the chance to catch up with friends and family while my mom and Kendra handled the rest and Nick took pictures. Yes, my wonderful hubby stayed for the baby shower at my request. I’m a bit of a picture addict so I wanted lots of photos to remember the day. I asked Nick if he would stay and take photos for me and I’m pretty sure his response was, “Guys don’t go to baby showers” to which I replied, “Daddies can go to baby showers.” I think he knew he would be fighting a losing battle so he said, “Whatever you want honey.” Do I have the best husband ever or what!!







In lieu of baby shower games (which I’m not a huge fan of) I asked people to fill out an index card with some words of advice. After they filled out a card I put their name in a drawing for a gift basket of organic skincare that I use. I have an awesome esthetician, Trisha Watson, who makes her own organic skin care line that it absolutely the best out there in my opinion! In the first few months of my pregnancy I was having all kinds of skin issues and as soon as I switched to her skin care line my skin cleared right up! It’s so comforting to also know that all the ingredients are not only safe for me but safe for my baby as well. I try to be really conscious of everything that I eat and put on my body and strive to only use safe, natural or organic products. In any event, my hair stylist, MonaLisa, won the gift basket and I think she will really enjoy all the products.




We then commenced with a massive present opening session where all our friends and family absolutely SPOILED our little man! Nick and I feel so blessed by the wonderful gifts and thoughtfulness of our friends and family. We know that this little man will be truly loved by so many people! Nick and I now feel a lot more prepared for the arrival of our little man!

My mom even found the most perfect gift for Nick to open at the shower. She ordered him an organic cotton swaddle blanket with little acoustic guitars printed on it! So darling!








Overall the shower was just perfect and we couldn’t feel more blessed! A big thanks to my mom and Kendra for being such wonderful hostesses and to my darling husband for being such a loving and supportive daddy-to-be!





Post a Comment