35 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 35 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds…down a pound from last week. This drives me crazy! I eat constantly and I see my belly getting bigger but I lost a pound-what the heck?!

Have You Started to Show? I feel like I have a really big belly. Nick looks at my belly every day and tells me how much bigger I look!

Stretch Marks? None so far. I’m really hoping to avoid them!

Belly Button? OUT! Just like a turkey timer! How appropriate for the season!

Maternity Clothes? Nothing new this week. I pretty much live in my fleece lined maternity leggings and sweaters.

Symptoms: This was a rough week for me. For some reason my nausea came back over the weekend and I was down for the count! I felt like I was back in my first trimester! Luckily, Nick took care of me and rubbed my back until I was able to fall asleep at night. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband!

Movement? The strength of our little man simply amazes me! He has been kicking so hard it actually hurts! Nick and I love to just sit and watch him kick and punch inside me. My belly is lopsided most of the times and its actually pretty funny.

Sleep? Another rough week of sleep. I had 3 nights of insomnia this week! One night I literally could not fall asleep until 4 AM. I guess it’s just God’s way of preparing me to be a mom.

Exercise? My prenatal yoga instructor was sick this week and didn’t want any of her mommies to catch it. I’m planning on making up for missing it this next week but we’ll see.

Food Cravings: No big cravings this week. It has actually been tough to find things that sound good to eat.

Food Aversions: Just chicken. I walked past the cooked whole chickens they sell at Fred Myer and literally gagged!

Happy or Moody? Mostly happy, but also a little stressed. I feel like we still have so much to do before the baby arrives and I think it all kind of hit me this week.

Miss Anything? Energy. There is so much I want/need to do but it’s tough to complete everything that I set out to do. Carrying around an extra 13 pounds is tough work!

Nursery Progress: Our crib mattress arrived this week! I researched mattresses for months and finally decided on an organic Greenbuds mattress. They have several options to choose from and I love that they are completely organic- no harsh chemicals, no flame-retardants. I chose the Primrose Deluxe Organic Mattress. When it arrived I opened it and there was NO SMELL at all! I feel so much better knowing that our little man will be sleeping on a safe organic mattress.


Best Moment This Week: A text from my brother Monday night telling me that he and his adorable girlfriend, Kendra, are now engaged!! I am so happy for my brother! Kendra is so prefect for him! I can’t wait for her to officially be part of the family!

Looking Forward to: Thanksgiving! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Thanksgiving and Christmas! This is simply the best time of year!



Post a Comment