34 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 34 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 14 pounds! Finally some weight gain again!

Have You Started to Show? I feel like my belly has really grown this week. Nick still loves to tell me that I don’t look pregnant from the back any chance he gets!

Stretch Marks? None. I’m really hoping that I don’t get any.

Belly Button? Out.

Maternity Clothes? No new clothes this week but I find myself wishing that I had a good maternity jacket. I just wasn’t able to find one that I liked for less that $275.

Symptoms: I’ve been having Braxton Hicks contractions or “practice labor” as our HypnoBirthing book calls them. It seems like I have them every night. I know some women don’t notice them, but I think they are really uncomfortable. When I lay down it helps relieve the pressure. Other than some discomfort at night I’ve been feeling really great.

Movement? Our little man has found his new favorite spot for his foot…my ribs! Holy guacamole can he kick hard too! He kicks me so hard sometimes it takes my breath away. It is fun to sit and watch him move all around in my belly. It’s just so amazing that our son is growing and thriving inside me! He also gets the hiccups daily which I think is really funny, but Nick doesn’t like. I think he worries that our son will have the hiccups frequently like I do.

Sleep? So much better this week. I still wake up 4 times a night on average to go to the bathroom, but I have been able to fall back asleep fairly quickly.

Exercise? Back in the swing of things with my prenatal yoga. It has been extremely cold lately so we haven’t walked the dogs, but it looks like some “warmer” weather is on its way so I’m hoping that will change.

Food Cravings: Apples with Chobani Greek yogurt and peanut butter. This is my go to breakfast! I also still crave beef all the time.

Food Aversions: Chicken. I know, big surprise! I can’t stand even walking by the deli in the grocery store because it seems like they are always frying chicken! YUCK!

Happy or Moody? Happy happy happy! Nick and I are really getting excited for the arrival of our little man!

Miss Anything? Coffee. I want a pumpkin spice latte so badly!

Nursery Progress: I ordered several things for the nursery this week. The item I am most excited about in the changing pad that I found from Holy Lamb Organics. I researched changing pads quite a bit (as with most things) and I really wanted something all natural with no plastic or PVC. I found a changing pad handmade with eco-wool and organic cotton twill from Holy Lamb Organics and knew that it was perfect! The only problem was the price tag - $175. Pretty steep for a changing pad but I had convinced myself that it was ok since I will use it with our future babies as well. Then I stumbled across their sale/clearance section and found a floor model changing pad for only $123! I’m going to wash it anyway so why would it matter if I bought a floor model!? I was so excited! I placed my order and received my changing pad a couple days later! I also ordered a handwoven wool rug from Natural Home Rugs. I was a little hesitant to order another rug online after the last rug, but the lady I spoke with assured me that the rug was soft to the touch and if I wasn’t satisfied I could ship it back for free! SCORE! I ordered the rug and it also arrived very quickly. I LOVE the rug! It is super soft and has no smell to it whatsoever! I just love eco-friendly products!





Best Moment This Week: Finding the crazy good deal on the changing pad! I know I’m crazy, but I was just so excited about it!

Looking Forward to: Getting everything ready for the arrival of our little man! I can’t wait to wash everything and get the nursery all situated! 

Post a Comment