22 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 22 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 4 ½ pounds

Have You Started to Show? Absolutely! We have random people tell us congratulations and Nick thinks it’s so funny because he forgets that it’s obvious to anyone who looks at me now.

Stretch Marks? No

Belly Button? In, but I think it resembles a cat butt.

Maternity Clothes? No new clothes this week but I think I will order some maternity jeans from Nordstrom soon since you can definitely feel fall in the air at night. I know the cold weather will be here before we know it.
 
Symptoms: I’ve had a few days this week where I have just not felt 100%. I think it correlates with our little man going through a growth spurt. I am also still having Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then, but they usually aren’t too bad.

Movement? Oh baby our little guy is so active. I don’t know what it is, but he has been so active this week! A few nights ago he kept me up until 2:30 AM with all his acrobatics in his “personal jungle gym”. He is also really active during yoga-just like he’s joining in with his mama! At my prenatal yoga on Monday we ended with a wall inversion and he would not stop flipping and kicking! It’s pretty hard to get my Zen on when he’s so active, but I love all the movement so I don’t mind.

Sleep? I have some good nights and then some nights that I really feel like I have pregnancy insomnia. I guess it’s just getting me ready for the huge sleep adjustment I will go through when Baby M arrives.

Exercise? We have been enjoying our nightly and sometimes morning walks with the doggies. The weather had been so beautiful so we are just trying to soak it up before it’s gone. My yoga instructor is also back from vacation so it was great to go to my prenatal yoga again. I really love my instructor, Jessica; she is so funny and super encouraging. She really makes you feel like you can do anything you set your mind to.

Food Cravings: Hummus with pea pods and cucumbers and Chobani Greek Yogurt. I eat so much yogurt it’s not even funny!

Food Aversions: Chicken. Nick and I were walking through Safeway and I went over by the deli section to grab some hummus and I smelled the most awful smell…FRIED CHICKEN! I seriously thought I was going to toss my cookies in the store!

Happy or Moody? Happy! I have been on cloud 9 since we found out we are having a boy! I just can’t wait to be a boy mama! Nick and I have also been able to spend some more time together lately and I truly cherish every moment I get to spend with him. I just feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and best friend.

Miss Anything? Coffee and caffeinated tea!

Nursery Progress: I ordered my Luca Glider from Monte Design this week! We decided to order a lime green chair with charcoal grey piping and a charcoal grey lumbar pillow. It should arrive in 8-10 weeks and I can’t wait!

(The green doesn't look like the picture here. It is actually more of a  bright green and is really pretty) 


Best Moment This Week: Nick and I have been reading our Hypnobirthing book to prepare for our classes and one part we read talked about bonding with your baby. It suggests talking to your baby and telling him how much he is loved to help with the bonding when he is born. It also talks about how important it is for the daddies to bond early as well. The day after we read this Nick was kissing me goodbye and then he bent down and kisses my tummy and said “Bye son, love you”. It brought tears to my eyes! I love my husband more than words could ever express, but just seeing a glimpse of him loving his son made me realize that I will love my husband in a completely new way that I can’t even comprehend yet when our son arrives and we get to experience loving a child together.

Looking Forward to: Reading more in our Hypnobirthing book and starting our classes.



Post a Comment