19 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 19 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 2 pounds!

Have You Started to Show? Oh yes! Nick and I went to Costco today and he said I looked like a typical pregnant lady because I was walking around the store with one hand on my belly and one hand on my lower back. He said people were staring – unbeknownst to me!

Stretch Marks? No thank goodness! I lather on oil and lotion like it’s my second job!

Belly Button? In, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it may pop out. Nick loves to point out every pregnant lady he sees with a popped out belly button. He just thinks it is hilarious! He can be such a stinker sometimes!

Maternity Clothes? I found a few cute basic Be Maternity tanks at Target that are super comfortable and I FINALLY found some maternity yoga pants that are not see through when I bend over! Huge score for me! I also purchased a bra extender since by current bras are quite miserable. It seems to help a little. I just can’t justify buying new bras when I know my breasts will only grow in a couple months.

Symptoms: I have been experiencing a tightening in my stomach the past couple weeks and I didn’t know that it was Braxton Hicks contractions until I was explaining it to my god mom, Kathy. She said it’s not a big deal it’s just my body figuring things out. I also had some pains that radiated from my belly button to my pelvis. I think those are also Braxton Hicks, however, they were a lot more uncomfortable than the tightening. I am also still having pain from my sprained sacroiliac but my frequent trips to my chiropractor (Kathy) and my acupuncturist have really helped me manage the pain.

Movement? Boy oh boy (or should I say girl oh girl) Baby Morelli is one active baby! I feel movement all the time! Nick has been able to feel the baby kick a few more times this week too. My mom was also able to feel the baby moving around! It was an all around great week for movement.

Sleep? This section should be titled Lack of Sleep. I have been sleeping like crap this whole week! I constantly turn from one side to the other, which irritates my sacroiliac in the process, and I get up to pee a couple times a night. My hips have also been soar at night. It’s just really hard to get comfortable! I did finally break down and order a Snoogle pregnancy pillow from Amazon so I’m hoping that helps me sleep a little better.

Exercise? I have been going to my prenatal yoga and my normal yoga this week and it has been great! We also take the dogs for a 1-mile walk at night but with this crazy heat wave we haven’t walked them every night.

Food Cravings: Blueberries with Chobani Greek Yogurt and burgers. We had a late lunch at Crafted with our business partners and good friends, Joel and Michelle, and I think I had a “food-gasm” while I was eating my mushroom burger. I think I could eat a Crafted burger every day!

Food Aversions: Chicken! Surprise, surprise! Thank goodness for beef!

Happy or Moody? This has been one tough week for me emotionally. I can tell my hormones are all over the place. It seems like it doesn’t take much to make me cry. I have been a bit of a bear (or a monster if I’m being honest) to Nick. I go from being irritated with him one minute (then apologizing for it) to crying because I think he’s being inconsiderate the next minute. Then other times I have been in a great mood only to have something completely stupid make me angry again! I have put Nick through the full scale of my emotions this week. It’s so frustrating to feel like I can’t control my emotions. I can only thank God that I have a husband with the patience of a saint!

Miss Anything? Coffee and wine; I don’t think that will ever change. I am also missing iced tea and getting a decent nights rest.

Nursery Progress: My baby hangers arrived in the mail this week! They are so adorable! I was so excited that I couldn’t wait to hang them up. I put them all away and ran into the office to tell Nick to come check them out. I went from being super happy about the hangers to totally annoyed when he didn’t drop everything to look at the hangers, but instead took a minute or three to come into the office (see my emotions are making me act like a crazy woman!). I have been researching nursery furniture for months now and thought I had things somewhat figured out but I wasn’t completely satisfied. Originally I wanted the Caravan Crib from Kalon Studios but I didn’t like the small dresser that matched. I have known from the beginning that I wanted to try to be as eco friendly as possible with our nursery. However, this is not the easiest task. If I find one piece of furniture I love I tend to not like the rest of the collection or I find out that something in the collection in not solid wood. My mom spent 4 hours researching nursery furniture options with me this week and I still wasn’t completely happy. I found some furniture to pair with the Caravan Crib but I was worried that it wouldn’t look good when it was side by side. Finally after some late night web surfing I found a company that manufactures beautiful eco friendly furniture. Romina Furniture is made from 100% solid wood that is not chemically treated and they do not use particle board or MDF so all their furniture is free of formaldehyde. They also use water based paints and stains that are CPSC certified non-toxic and their finishes are free of VOCs, phthalates and lead. Any glue they use is organic tree sap based glue. Bonus!! I was so excited to find this rare gem! I have talked with a salesperson a few times this week about pricing and color options and he is sending me some wood samples tomorrow! Nick and I both like the modern look of the Ventianni collection. I also requested some color swatches from Monte Design so I can customize the Luca Glider I want to order. The only downside to all of this (besides the steep price tags) is that it is custom made to order so it will take 8-12 weeks for manufacturing and delivery. This makes me a little nervous, since I’m such a planner, but I just have to trust that everything will work out.

Best Moment This Week: Even though it was a rough week every time a felt a kick or a punch it seemed to make everything else melt away! My mom also surprised me with a baby sign language book! When I first found out that I was pregnant I mentioned that I wanted to try some of the baby sign language with baby Morelli and my mom remembered that conversation and bought me The Baby Signing Book by Sara Bingham. I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful and loving mom. I pray that I will be an amazing mom like my mom. I certainly have some big britches to fill!

Looking Forward to: Finding out Baby Morelli’s gender! We have our very first ultrasound this week and we are so excited to see if we are having a boy or a girl!



Post a Comment