21 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 21 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 4 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes

Stretch Marks? None so far

Belly Button? In, thank goodness!

Maternity Clothes? No new clothes this week. I think I will wait to purchase clothes again until I need fall and winter clothes. I have my eye on some Citizen and Joes maternity jeans from Nordstrom.

Symptoms: My SI joint is still soar but getting better with my chiropractic and acupuncture treatments.

Movement? Our little man is super active! He loves to kick, punch and flip around in what I like to refer to as his own personal "jungle gym".

Sleep? I have had some really great nights of sleep this week and a few not so great nights. I have been waking up hungry early in the morning so I started taking a small bowl of blueberries to bed with me to munch on when I wake up.

Exercise? Yoga and walking are my go to exercises of choice. My yoga instructor has been on vacation this week so my prenatal class was cancelled. I really love my prenatal class so I can’t wait for Jessica to be back!

Food Cravings: Peaches and pea pods. I also love to dip my pea pods in hummus!

Food Aversions: Chicken – no surprise there!

Happy or Moody? Happy! So happy! I love being pregnant. I did have a few moments this week where I realized that I am already over halfway through and it made me a little sad. The time is just flying by!

Miss Anything? Motorcycle rides with my hubby! Nick and I are really missing our motorcycle rides before dark! Nick has a beautiful Big Dog Mastiff custom chopper and it is so fun to go on rides in the summer! I can’t wait to get back on his bike next summer!


Nursery Progress: I received my order from Kate Quinn Organics this week! All the clothes I bought from the warehouse sale are so adorable and I just love the soft organic cotton! My order of Cloth-eez Workhorse newborn organic cotton diapers from Green Mountain Diapers also arrived this week! They are so small and so cute! I can’t wait to start cloth diapering!

Best Moment This Week: Feeling all the movement from our little man! Nick has been able to feel him move a ton this week. He has also been able to see him kick from the outside! I was lying on the couch this week with my head in Nick’s lap and I saw him kick! I was so excited so I pulled up my shirt so Nick could see and we just sat and watched him kick and punch for several minutes! It is so amazing!

Looking Forward to: Stating our HypnoBirthing classes! We signed up for a 5-week course at Inland HypnoBirthing that starts on September 13th and we are really excited to start our HypnoBirthing exercises. Our instructor, Mary Long, mailed us our book, HypnoBirthing, The Mongan Method, by Marie Mongan. We started reading it this week and so far we are learning a lot and really enjoying it.





Post a Comment