20 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 20 Weeks. Halfway there! 

Total Weight Gain: Almost 4 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes! My belly seems to be growing quite a bit this week

Stretch Marks? No

Belly Button? In

Maternity Clothes? No new maternity clothes this week but I did buy a few Bobeau long skirts from Nordstrom that aren’t maternity, but are super comfortable.

Symptoms: I’m still dealing with the sprained SI joint but chiropractic and acupuncture really help. My chiropractor (and godmother) also said to make sure when I sit or bend that I lead with my hips and then follow with bending my knees. This has been a huge help so far!

Movement? Baby Morelli is a super active baby!! I love every little kick and punch!

Sleep? I have been using my pregnancy pillow and it really helps me get a decent night sleep. I am so glad I ordered my snoogle!

Exercise? Yoga and walking. I have been going to my normal yoga classes at Garden Street Yoga in CDA and I also went to my prenatal yoga instructor’s class at the Kroc Center. It was really great. Jessica (my yoga instructor) is a really great teacher and I just love her little funny side comments!

Food Cravings: Peaches! I bought two flats of organic peaches this week and only have a couple left. They are so juicy and so delicious!

Food Aversions: Chicken. I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Happy or Moody? So HAPPY! This week was way better for me emotionally! I feel like my hormones have leveled out or maybe I’m just figuring out how to deal with them better. I am also so thankful to have such a patient and loving husband!

Miss Anything? Iced coffee and wine. With the crazy heat wave we have been experiencing I am really missing grabbing an iced latte when I’m out and about.

Nursery Progress: I ordered lambskin for the nursery this week and I am super excited for it to arrive! I have been looking for a lambskin for the nursery for several weeks and just haven’t found exactly what I was looking for at Little Spruce Organics. The Natural Mimosa Tree Tanned Lambskin by Kaiser is made with a Mimosa tree-tanning compound. This is a tree bark vegetable tanning compound not a chemical tanning compound. I think this will be perfect to throw on our bed and on our hardwood floors. We also received our Romina Furniture wood samples in the mail. I think we have decided on the two tone color combo using a caramel wood color and a cream. I plan on ordering the furniture this next week. I also order a few adorable baby items from Kate Quinn Organics. They are having a warehouse-moving sale so I scored on some adorable clothes for only $10 and $15!

Best Moment This Week: Our ultrasound! We had our ultrasound on Wednesday August 6th. I schedule our appointment for 8 am because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to sleep the night before! Of course, I woke up every hour after 3 AM, before I finally got up at 5:30. We were allowed to have one other person in the room with us so we picked my mom up on the way and arrived promptly at 7:30, a full 15 minutes early for check in. I was so excited that I walked right up to the lady at check in and was preparing to hand her my insurance card when my hubby said, “You have to wait to be called forward” and pointed to the sign he was standing next to. It was pretty hilarious considering we were the only people in the room. I quickly backed up and the lady just laughed at us and said come on over! My husband can be so funny! We were called back pretty quickly and ended up having the nicest guy named Randy do our ultrasound. He put the wand on my belly and the first thing he said was, “Well, no suspense here, you are definitely having a boy!” I was so happy and excited that I just burst into tears! Nick and my mom were both crying right along with me! It was just so amazing! We were trying to time it right to have a boy first and were just so excited!! I couldn’t stop crying throughout the whole ultrasound. Nick kept holding my hand while I kept on repeating, “I can’t believe we’re having a boy! I’m so happy!” We were all amazed at how clear the pictures were of our beautiful baby boy! He was moving his eyelids and opening and closing his mouth! He is a super active baby and everyone in the room got to see just how active he is! Randy took a really long time with us and explained everything he was looking for and pointed out every organ and bone! It was so nice that he took the time to answer all our questions! When we saw his adorable little face Nick said, “Wow, he has my cheeks!” We left our 1 hour and 45 minute ultrasound with 5 pictures of our beautiful baby BOY! I have been on cloud 9 ever since! We also did a really fun pregnancy reveal photo shoot with our amazing wedding photographer, Mr. Jay. As soon as I have the pictures I will do a separate post!


Looking Forward to: Filling the nursery with cloth diapers, clothes and furniture for our little man!

Post a Comment