23 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 23 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 6 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes. Now when I go places people want to touch or rub my belly. I know some women don’t like this, but I can’t get enough of it!

Stretch Marks? None so far. I oil and/or lotion twice daily so hopefully that helps.

Belly Button? In. Every time I tell Nick that I think it looks like a cat butt he tells me I have a beautiful pregnant body. My husband is too sweet!

Maternity Clothes? I ordered a pair of Citizen maternity jeans from Nordstrom and a pair of Paige ankle maternity jeans as well. I feel fall in the air already so I want to make sure I’m prepared.






Symptoms: I have definitely felt more tired this week. Baby Morelli must be going through a growth spurt. I have also been experiencing some pretty intense heartburn. I have some papaya enzymes that I take and when I remember to take them they really help, but sometimes I wake up with heartburn and I can’t drag myself out of bed to get them.

Movement? As usual we had another very active week. I feel him kick, punch, twitch and flip all the time. All those little movements are so amazing and I just love feeling our son move around inside me!

Sleep? I have actually had several great nights of sleep but I still wake up tired. I have also started to have dreams about saving baby animals.

Exercise? My prenatal yoga teacher is back from her vacation so I had an awesome prenatal yoga session this week. Nick and I have also been soaking up the last bit of summer on our daily walks with the doggies. I did just find out that my yoga instructor is leaving for a 5-week yoga-training trip to Bali. She leaves in 3 or 4 weeks. I’m excited to see what she learns and will pass on when she gets back, but I’m bummed that she wont be here. She did give us a few referrals for prenatal yoga in Spokane, but I really prefer the drive to Coeur d’Alene. She also gave us a great website, www.gaiamtv.com, to check out and said they have a few prenatal instructors on there as well. I have a feeling that may be the way to go.

Food Cravings: Chobani Greek Yogurt. I think I eat several bowls a day. I love it plain or with fruit and granola.

Food Aversions: Chicken.

Happy or Moody? Happy. I am really enjoying my pregnancy. It is so amazing to experience all the different changes my body is going through.

Miss Anything? Coffee. Every time I smell coffee I want to take one small sip so badly, but I know that I wouldn’t be able to stop at one sip.

Nursery Progress: I ordered a rug for our little man’s nursery this week. Sticking with my eco-friendly theme I found a gray and brown Jiya Flat-Woven Hemp Rug from World Market. Nick and my mom both really liked it. I can’t wait to see it in person!



Best Moment This Week: For months I have been asking my dad to look in his shop at the ranch for a basket that my mom put both my brother and myself in for naps. I really thought that it was in there and I wanted it for our little man. My dad told me a few weeks ago that he had looked everywhere and couldn’t find it. I was really bummed. Last Friday we took my dad out to his ranch and I just had to look in the shop at the barn. I walked into the storage room expecting to see the basket sitting in there like I remembered, however, I was mistaken. We then went down to the house to see the recent bathroom remodels. My dad was showing us how he had rearranged his furniture in the living room to accommodate his pool table and there was the basket! He had it the whole time and just wanted to surprise me! Of course I started crying! I just couldn’t believe that it was right there in front of me! I’m typically not a sentimental person, but I really wanted to have this basket to put our little sleeping boy in and eventually pass it down to our children. The basket now has a new home in the nursery and is just waiting for Baby Morelli!





Looking Forward to: Picking a name for our little man. We have it narrowed down and have one name in particular that we have been calling him, but nothing official yet.

Post a Comment