24 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 24 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 6 ½ pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes. When people rub my tummy Nick likes to put his hand on it too and tell them it’s just like a basketball. My husband is so darn cute!

Stretch Marks? No. I had a scare that I saw a stretch mark but it just turned out to be a line from my nightgown that left an red indentation for a little bit after I woke up.

Belly Button? In, but it’s pretty even with the rest of my belly. I did discover that I have a freckle on the inside of my belly button. However, I’m not sure how I feel about discovering that.

Maternity Clothes? My maternity jeans from Nordstrom arrived this week. I need the Paige jeans in a smaller size but the Citizen jeans are prefect! I need to have them hemmed, but I know I will get some great use out of them.

Symptoms: For some reason I have felt a little nauseous on and off this week again. I also had a killer calf cramp one night this week. I moved my foot down to stretch it out and it radiated up my leg! We hadn’t walked for a couple days so I think that contributed to the cramp. Since then we have been walking every night and they haven’t returned.

Movement? Our little man is super active! I love every kick, punch and summersault! He loves to join in while I do yoga and it is so amazing to see what positions he likes best. Whenever we do inversions with our legs up the wall he kicks up a storm!

Sleep? Pretty good this week. I have started to have dreams about giving birth, except I can’t ever remember the actual birth. I also have experienced some crazy breastfeeding dreams lately.

Exercise? I love my yoga and walking. Nick and I are trying to soak up the nice evening weather while we still can. I also looked into the Gaiam TV yoga and I think I will sign up for that soon as well. They have a free 10-day trial and after the trial it’s only $9.95 a month for unlimited streaming. They have 11 prenatal yoga sessions that I think I will really like.

Food Cravings: Nectarines and really any other fresh organic fruit. I have also started to crave hard-boiled farm fresh eggs again.

Food Aversions: Chicken. I still can’t even stomach the though of eating chicken. I don’t even like to look at it in the grocery store.

Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy! Nick and I have enjoyed feeling and watching our little boy move this week. It makes me so happy whenever he feels my tummy or watches our son kick. We have experienced so much movement together this week and I truly cherish those moments.

Miss Anything? Balance. I normally have really great balance at yoga, but this week while we were in tree pose I was more or a leaning and then falling tree. I hope my balance gets back to normal.

Nursery Progress: My Organic Caboose one-size cloth diapers and Growing Greens one-size diapers arrived this week. They are so soft and super cute! I also purchased some Disana wool diaper covers from A Small Green Footprint and am in love with them! I can’t wait to start lanolize my covers! My whole order came from A Small Green Footprint and Sandy, the lady who owns the shop, is super helpful! I had several questions before I placed my order and she answered all my questions promptly via email and even had some great suggestion for me. I love all the products on her website and she has great prices. The hemp rug I order also arrived but it’s not as soft as I was hoping it would be. I may keep it for our living room, but I need to find a different option for the nursery.



Best Moment This Week: My dad found baby picture of me in the basket that is now sitting in our nursery. The basket is all covered with blankets but it’s still so awesome to have!

Looking Forward to: Starting our hypnobirthing classes this Saturday! We have almost finished our book and are very excited to start our classes so we can practice all the techniques we have been reading about.



Post a Comment