25 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 25 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 7 ½ pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes. I’m definitely noticing the changes in my belly from week to week. I can really tell he is growing like crazy!

Stretch Marks? No. I lotion and oil up twice daily so I hope that helps!

Belly Button? In, but it’s very flat. I keep pushing it back in hoping that will help. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Maternity Clothes? Nothing new this week. I will need a maternity coat soon though.

Symptoms: The last few days my stomach has felt really tight and uncomfortable. I know it’s just my uterus practicing, but I also think the fact that I have gained a pound has contributed to the tightness.

Movement? Our little boy loves his personal jungle gym! He flips, turns, twitches, kicks and punches all the time! One morning this week I was sitting in my chair sipping my pregnancy tea and I looked down and noticed that my stomach was lopsided! Nick and I really got a kick out of my lopsided belly! Baby Morelli really favors my right side and now he has discovered that he can kick me on the far right side of my belly too!

Sleep? This week I have been really uncomfortable at night so I haven’t slept well. With my belly feeling so tight it’s hard to get comfortable. I have also been waking up to pee 3-4 times a night. Last night I had pregnancy insomnia and I was wide awake from 2 AM until 5 AM – thank goodness for my iPad!

Exercise? I had a really great prenatal yoga session this week. My yoga instructor will be teaching one more class and then she leaves for her Bali trip. I’m really going to miss my prenatal session with her! Nick and I have been walking the doggies every day and have gone on the 2-mile loop several times this week as well. Nick, Harrison and I love the 2-mile loop but our little princess Addy needs lots of coaxing to go the full 2 miles.

Food Cravings: Nectarines, Chobani Greek Yogurt and cottage cheese. Our designated Broker, Dan, was eating cottage cheese at the office and I wanted to grab it out of his hand and eat it! I had to make a special trip to the store just to buy some.

Food Aversions: Chicken and anything that smells greasy. Nick and I were driving by the valley mall this week and when I smelled something greasy I thought I was going to throw up.

Happy or Moody? Happy now, but I did have an emotional day on Saturday. I think I just need a good cry. It’s very strange to just feel the urge to cry since I’m not typically a person why cries very often.

Miss Anything? Coffee. I get my fix by smelling Nick’s coffee in the morning.

Nursery Progress: I picked up an adorable Burt’s Bees organic cotton sleeper with little blue bees on it and a darling Splendid camo print cardigan! I also received a package in the mail from my dear friend Shannon. She sent Baby Morelli an adorable lone sleeve/long pant onesie with a bear on the front and two pairs of matching socks! Shannon is so thoughtful and I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful friend like her!

Best Moment This Week: My mom and my brother’s girlfriend, Kendra, are throwing me a baby shower on November 8th. Saturday we had a planning party and it was so fun! We picked out the invitations from Tiny Prints and they should arrive this week. I am in love with the invitations, they are exactly what I wanted! My mom and Kendra have some great ideas and I am really looking forward to my baby shower!



Looking Forward to: Continuing our hypnobirthing classes and listening to our relaxation CD at night. We had our first class on Saturday and Nick and I both loved it! I know it was definitely the right choice in birthing classes. Mary Long, our instructor, talked us through a relaxation and visualization exercise and showed us some hypnobirthing videos. She also touched on various topics in the book that we have read about. I know that Nick and I are really going to enjoy using hyonobirthing!



Post a Comment