23 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Thursday, February 9, 2017 by Kyra



I'm really sad that I missed two weeks of bump pictures and a week of updates but I was so sick that I couldn't bring myself to go outside for a picture or open my computer to type.

How Far Along? 23 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds! I’m actually pretty shocked about my weight gain since I’ve been sick as a dog an haven’t had much of an appetite. When I was 23 weeks pregnant with Cash I had only gained 6 pounds.

Symptoms: Pregnancy heartburn has been SO bad these last two weeks! The only thing that helps is drink baking soda in water with a little honey. It doesn’t taste good but it works!

Movement? This little guy is active just like Cash. He is especially active at night when I’m trying to sleep.

Sleep? I’ve been sick for the last two weeks so sleep has not been good. I went through a week on only sleeping 2-3 hours in 15 minute intervals because my throat was so sore I could hardly swallow.

Exercise? NONE! I’ve hardly been able to get off the couch.

Food Cravings: None. I lived on bone broth with Kerrygold butter and eggs for a  week.

Food Aversions: None.

Happy or Moody? I came down with the horrid virus that has been circling this winter. Two weeks ago I came down with a sore throat that was by far the worst sore throat I’ve ever had. It lasted for 6 days and I felt like I was swallowing razor blades. On the 7th day the virus moved into my sinuses and I couldn’t breath out of either side. It was so much worse than a cold! The sinus pressure just continued to build. It was so bad one night that I literally did not sleep at att. I stared at the clock and counted down the time until I could go to urgent care. My mom took me to urgent care first thing in the morning and the doctor said I had a sinus infection. He prescribed me with antibiotics and told me to take two Tylenol for the sinus pain. I was so upset! I tried everything natural – elderberry syrup, raw garlic, colloidal silver and apple cider vinegar, but nothing worked. I took the antibiotics for three days and then stopped. I felt like my body needed a little help but there was no way that I was going to take antibiotics for 10 days while pregnant. After researching it I felt comfortable with my decision even though most people would disagree. I even hate the fact that I’ve taken Tylenol, but arnica just wasn’t giving me enough relief. I still have really bad pressure in the morning, but I’m feeling way better.

Miss Anything? Energy and being healthy. It’s tough enough being sick, but being sick and pregnant is the worst.

Best Moment This Week: All of the sweet snuggles and naps that I’ve had with my CashMan. He has been so loving and so sweet to his mama!


Looking Forward to: Feeling better! I cannot wait to feel like myself again.


Post a Comment