25 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Monday, February 20, 2017 by Kyra


How Far Along? 25 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 11 pounds

Symptoms: I’ve had lots of tightening this week, some lower back pain and my SI has been bothering me.

Movement? Cruz likes to kick and punch at the same time so I can feel him in two places at once. He is active all time just like his big brother was.

Sleep? I’ve had a few nights of insomnia but Cash also slept from 9 PM until 8 AM one night so that was amazing!

Exercise? We had some beautiful weather this week so we took the dogs for a walk. Cash had to walk in the snow the entire time and kept wiping out and laughing. He also had to hold Addy’s leash for most of the walk. I wouldn’t say we worked up a sweat but we got out in the fresh air so that’s what counts.

Food Cravings: While we were on our walk I started craving stir fry with peanut sauce so I made steamed veggies with chicken and peanut sauce for dinner. It hit the SPOT!

Food Aversions: None

Happy or Moody? Overall I’ve been happy this week, but I’ve had a few moody moments.

Miss Anything? Bulletproof coffee. I’m excited to have a cup after Cruz is born.

Best Moment This Week: Announcing Crus’z name! We took some really fun name announcement photos.


Looking Forward to: Getting everything ready for Cruz’s arrival. I’m in a nesting mood!

Cash’s Contemplations: Cash loves to run tallow lotion “on baby Cruz” every night. He also tells me all the things that baby Cruz is going to do. He gets very serious and tells me “baby Cruz play sandbox” “baby Cruz have milk” “Baby Cruz play cars”. He also asks to “see baby Cruz” and wants me to lift my shirt so he can touch my belly. He likes to share his bacon with my belly too!


He is a little bit possessive of my belly and doesn’t like daddy to feel Cruz kicking. When Nick puts his hands on my belly Cash yells “no, no, no daddy” and throws his body over my belly. Nick and I try to explain that Cruz is daddy’s baby too but he isn’t too happy about sharing. He will sit there while daddy is feeling my belly and let huge crocodile tears silently fall down his cheeks.

Post a Comment