7 Weeks Old

posted on Tuesday, February 3, 2015 by Kyra


Nursing: Cash is still nursing like a champ. I think I have a bit of an oversupply so that has been a bit tough, but I would rather have too much milk than not enough so I can’t complain too much.

Cloth Diapering: It is amazing how often newborns poop! We change Cash’s diaper every 2 hours and it always has a poop in it! That’s a minimum of 12 poops a day! I hope that slows down a bit soon, but again, having lots of poopy diapers is better than the alternative.

Sleep: Cash consistently sleeps one 3-hour stretch from around 10 or 11 to 1 or 2 and then wakes up every 2 hours for the remainder of the night. Just having that one 3-hour stretch is amazing! I love to look over at Cash when he is sleeping because he sleeps just like his daddy - with his hands up over his head. Around 5 am Cash usually is a bit fussy so I put him on my chest, pat his back and he falls asleep right away.


Likes/Dislikes: Every day Cash is more and more alert so he now likes to be held facing forward so he can take everything in! He also likes to be held and have his back patted. It calms him down right away!

He still doesn’t like diaper changes and rides in the car seat but I think he is starting to tolerate both a little more this week. Here of my favorite car seat pictures; I think he gets his frown from me!


Activities: Nick’s parents treated us to dinner this week so Cash enjoyed his first outing to our favorite Italian restaurant, Angelo’s, in Coeur d’Alene. He was pretty good through the meal. He just nursed, had his diaper changed and was passed around the table so we all had a chance to eat. Our little man is such a good boy!


We also took Cash on 2 one mile walks this week because we had some unusually nice weather for a couple days. He slept the whole time! It was awesome to be able to get out and enjoy some fresh air!


Health: Our little boy now weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces. We had our last appointment with our midwife and our first appointment with our naturopath this week. Cash is healthy and growing like crazy! Both our midwife and our naturopath were very impressed with his weight gain! Dr. Morical, our naturopath, had some great tips for us and sent us home with some really helpful information. Nick and I are both so glad that we found a doctor for Cash who is supportive of our parenting choices and who really seems to care about her patients.


Best Moment: Nick and I were sitting on the bed and I was holding Cash when Nick said, “hi Cash, hi” and started making funny faces and noises at him. Upon hearing his daddy’s voice Cash turned his head, looked right at his daddy and smiled a HUGE smile! It absolutely melted my heart! Cash sure loves his silly daddy!



Post a Comment