8 Weeks Old

posted on Saturday, February 7, 2015 by Kyra



Nursing: Unfortunately, I started to get mastitis again this week, so Cash and I stayed home for several days this week and nursed like crazy. Since I knew the signs from before I knew to start taking my vitamin C and garlic right away. Luckily it went away again after a couple days.

Cash is more and more alert everyday and has started to look up and me while he nurses, he even pulls off my nipple to smile at me sometimes! Cash also holds onto the back of my arm and the neck of my shirt. It is so precious! I just love our bonding time while

Cloth Diapering: Nick and I started to notice a smell coming from Cash’s clean diapers the second he would pee in them. Since I read mommy blogs like crazy I knew it was time to strip his diapers. Most mommies use blue Dawn dish soap to strip their diapers, however, I don’t like the ingredients in Dawn and didn’t want it to come anywhere near my precious boy’s diapers-even if it is rinsed out. I just didn’t feel comfortable using Dawn so I began researching ways to strip diapers naturally. I tried the following routines: washing on hot and rinsing several times, soaking in Borax, soaking in vinegar, soaking in baking soda and vinegar and soaking in Seventh Generation Dish soap - all followed by several rinse and spin cycles. To my dismay NONE of these routines worked. I was so frustrated and was about to break down and use the blue Dawn when my mom mentioned washing soda. I researched it and realized that it was the main ingredient in RLR, which I read was good for stripping diapers. I tried soaking some diapers in the washing soda and it worked!!! I was so excited!!! Now Cash has super clean, non-stinky diapers again! Thank you nana and thank you washing soda!

Sleep: Cash consistently sleeps one 3 or 4 hour stretch in the beginning of the night and then wakes up every 2 hours until morning. Nick and I are getting used to functioning on less sleep. We are just so grateful that he usually sleeps a solid stretch each night.

Likes/Dislikes: Our little man loves his bath time! We have started to put him in the tub with me for a water only bath and he has a blast. He liked it when I support his head and back and move him around the water like he is swimming. Cash enjoys a good nursing session in the tub as well!

While Cash doesn’t care for diaper changes still, he is getting a little better. Trips in the car seat are still really tough though.



Activities: Last Friday night we went to dinner with our neighbors Greg and Kristi. Their daughter, Kailey, played a couple songs on the guitar and sang. We went to her first guitar performance one year ago and it is amazing to see how much she has improved. Cash slept the whole time in the ring sling and only woke up at the end of dinner to nurse. We then went over to Greg and Kristi’s house for after dinner drinks (water for me of course). It was nice to get out of the house and have some adult time!

Health: No weight updates for this week, but I know Cash is still gaining like crazy. I swear he is heavier every time I pick him up! Nick likes to joke that he is doing his 10-pound curls in the morning when he holds Cash out in front of him.

I am also happy to report that Cash’s baby acne has mostly cleared up! Yeah! He will get the occasional spot here and there but it is so much better! He also has amazing head control and is turing his head from side to side quite frequently.



Best Moment: It is so hard to pick a “moment” each week as everyday is so special but this week mama finally got her first smile!! Nick was holding him but he looked at ME and smiled! I was so excited that I screeched and started clapping my hands, which of course startled Cash so he went from a smiling face to a pouting lip! That in itself was hilarious so I can’t complain!





Post a Comment