10 Weeks Old

posted on Monday, February 23, 2015 by Kyra


Nursing: I love the bond that I feel with Cash while we nurse. It is the best feeling when he looks up at me while he’s nursing; sometimes he even pulls off to smile at me.

Cloth Diapering: We are so happy that we decided to cloth diaper! We just love the little cloth diaper bottom! Nick and I are going to a cloth diapering class at Mother’s Haven to check out the new Sustainablebabyish/Sloomb line of cloth diapers and wool covers that they are now carrying. I really excited because Sustainablebabyish is an amazing brand! My friend Laura (Tiny Toes Little Nose) bought Cash a pair of wool longies that are so buttery soft. I can't wait for him to grow into them!

Sleep: I am happy to report that the whole Morelli family is sleeping better! Since Cash is now quite a bit bigger than he was when he was born I am able to lie down and nurse him on my side! This has been a nighttime lifesaver!

Cash is still fighting sleep at every turn but Nick and I are starting to get to know the “over-tired” sleepy signs. Around 8 PM or 8:30 PM we change Cash’s diaper and start our nighttime routine. This consists of a diaper change, putting jammies on, turning all the lights off in the bedroom and walking or rocking depending on Cash’s mood. Some nights he will lay right down with me and nurse to sleep, but other nights he wants us to walk him around or rock him to sleep. He usually fights sleep for 30-45 minutes and then nods off. After he is asleep I transfer onto the bed and lay him on my chest.

Likes/Dislikes: Mr. Cash really enjoys his bath time! He has started to kick his legs out when I let him “float” in the water. I think I see some swim lessons in our near future!

Cash is way better about his diaper changes! Nick and I have started to blow raspberries on his belly and neck during diaper changes and he LOVES it! We always put a small pre-fold diaper over Cash’s little “squirt gun” and he has now discovered that he can pull it off and/or suck on it, both of which he finds very amusing. He is just so darling!

We are still having a hard time with the car seat, unfortunately. On our way home from dinner this week we had to stop 3 times to nurse and soothe our poor little guy. We let him fuss a bit in the car seat and try to comfort him or distract him, but once he really starts crying we pull over and take him out. My friend, Shannon, suggested getting a car seat mirror with lights (since Cash loves lights) and I think it may be a good purchase. The only thing that makes me nervous is the fact that they all seem to be shatter resistant not shatter proof. I’m probably just paranoid, but it still worries me.



Activities: Cash’s auntie Shanna drove into town from Seattle this past week so he got some much needed auntie time. We drove over to Papa Tony and GG Kathy’s house to surprise auntie Shanna when she came into town and spent a few hours there. We also had lunch at Twigs and dinner at Clinkerdagger so Cash got to experience so many new places this week.




Health: We are so lucky that Cash is a super healthy boy. He has a little bit of baby acne, but it’s not too bad. We did measure Cash this week and he was 22 inches long! This could be a little off since we measured him with a metal tape measurer, but it's close enough for us! He is growing up so fast!





Best Moment: On Shanna last night in town we went to dinner at Clinkerdagger and Cash really enjoyed all the soothing, dim lights. He was such a good boy at the restaurant. Once he nursed we passed him around the table while we all ate and then he fell asleep in his auntie Shanna’s arms.  It warms my heart to see how loved our little man is by his family.







Post a Comment