31 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by Kyra




How Far Along? 31 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Just yesterday I was trying on some new maternity shirts for Nick when he said “Wow! You’re belly is getting really big!” I feel like our little man went through a growth spurt this week as well.

Stretch Marks? None.

Belly Button? O-U-T out!

Maternity Clothes? I received my maternity coat from Macy’s and was really disappointed. The Motherhood Maternity Hooded Belted Open-Front Coat that I was most excited about fit really well and was super cute but it was so itchy! The Jessica Simpson Maternity Houndstooth-Print Belted Puffer Coat made me look like the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters…no thank you! My mom and I went shopping this week and I did buy a couple long sleeve basic maternity tops and some amazingly comfy fleece lined maternity leggings that I am in love with! I also bought a few knit open sweaters that aren’t maternity but are super cute!

Symptoms: No major symptoms this week. I am finally over my cold, hooray! I did have some nausea a few times this week, but I think it’s just tied to the times that Baby Morelli is going through a growth spurt.

Movement? We had an appointment with our midwife this week and after feeling my belly she confirmed that Baby M is head down! I’ve been talking to him about his arrival in a few months, telling him that he needs to be head down, facing back and have his little arms crossed over his chest; our little man is so smart and such a good boy already listening to his mommy! I can tell that he is definitely getting more cramped in my belly! He moves all the time but now when he’s doing his “running man” it feels like his feet are going to come through my skin!

Sleep? Ugh. Two night of pregnancy insomnia in a row really kicked my booty!

Exercise? I was really bad about exercise this week. It’s hard to get the energy to work out when you’re not sleeping and you’re getting over being sick. I’m hoping to get back on track this week.

Food Cravings: Every morning when I get up (even those 3 AM mornings) I have an apple from my dad’s ranch with peanut butter and Chobani Greek yogurt. I’m addicted!

Food Aversions: Chicken. Nick and I went to Costco this week and they had all the rotisserie chickens lined up to put the lids on and I almost lost all the samples that I’d just eaten. I really hope that I’ll be able to eat chicken again when I’m no longer pregnant.

Happy or Moody? Happy, but I did have a couple grumpy moments this week that I think were more from lack of sleep than hormones. Thank goodness I have such a patient, loving husband.

Miss Anything? Lattes! With fall in full force I really miss having a nice warm latte to drink while I’m out and about.

Nursery Progress: I received two exciting calls this week-one from Romina furniture and one from Monte Designs! Our bursary furniture is officially on its way to our house! I can’t wait to get it and start decorating!

Best Moment This Week: Again, I had several “best moments” this week. The first was dinner with our dear friends, Mike and Doreen. We met for dinner at the Italian Kitchen and enjoyed a nice meal while catching up. Nick and I always love getting together with Mike and Doreen; they are some of the nicest people and we always have a great time when we see them. My second best moment this week was a little surprise gift from my mom! My mom gave me the baby blanket and baby outfit that I’m wearing in the picture of me sleeping in the German basket that my mom used as a bassinet. I am so excited that she saved it for me all these years! I can’t wait to get a picture of our little man in the same basket with the same blanket wearing the same outfit! (A side note about the outfit-it’s blue not pink or anything so it actually looks more like a little boys outfit.)

Looking Forward to: Our intro to cloth diapering class this Saturday. We took a breastfeeding class last weekend and I feel a little less anxious about breastfeeding now. It’s funny I’m not anxious about our birth but I am nervous about breastfeeding. I know how beneficial breastfeeding is to a child and I just want to be the best that I can be for our little man. I started reading The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding this week and I think that will be a really great guide to have around.



Post a Comment