30 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 by Kyra


How Far Along?  30 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 12 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Whenever I’m walking away from Nick he likes to tell me that I don’t look pregnant from the back. I then usually turn around with my hands on my hips and remind him that I DO look pregnant from the front. I’m pretty much all belly these days.

Stretch Marks? No stretch marks here! I use my Mother’s Special Blend Oil twice daily and my Nubian coconut papaya lotion. I have noticed that my skin has been a bit itchy lately so I have been lotioning in between oiling up.




Belly Button? Out. I’ve accepted it, but if I lay flat on my back it is flat still so at least that’s something!

Maternity Clothes? My search for the perfect maternity coat has not been easy! I found two super cute maternity coats at Nordstrom: the first coat is the Japaneese Weekend'MamaCoat' Convertible Jacket and the second coat is the Isabella Oliver 'Alma'Double Breasted Wool Blend Maternity Coat. However, the Japanese Weekend ‘MamaCoat’ is $278 and the Isabella Oliver ‘Alma’ coat is $429! Ouch! If I were to spend that kind of money on a jacket it would have to be a NorthFace! Since I will only need it for a couple months I just couldn’t justify the price. Thus my search continued! I found a few other jackets at online stores that I liked but you have to pay to ship them back. Nordstrom has spoiled me with their free shipping, free returns. I then looked at Motherhood online and found two coats that looked like they might work. I have learned to read the fine print about returns and upon further investigation I read that online purchases can be exchanged for new merchandise in the store or refunded via store credit only. Again, no thanks! I then remembered that Macys carries some of the Motherhood lines and eureka! I found the two jackets I wanted to try. The first is the MotherhoodMaternity Hooded Belted Open-Front Coat and the second is the Jessica SimpsonMaternity Houndstooth-Print Belted Puffer Coat. The best part is they are both only $99! I ordered both coats to compare and am hoping that one works out. We are still having a beautiful fall but the nights are chilly so I know I will need a coat very soon. I wore my NorthFace down vest on a two-mile walk this week and was very disappointed to discover that I couldn’t zip it around my big ol’ belly!




Symptoms: My headaches and heartburn have virtually vanished thanks to Kathy, but I have been fighting a cold/soar throat all week. I keep telling myself that I will not get sick but I have to admit that I haven’t felt 100% this week. Kathy gave me a Silva Solutions homeopathic cold and flu solution to take and I know it has helped keep this darn cold at bay, but it is just fighting to hang on to me. I have also been using my nettie pot like crazy and drinking honey and lemon tea to help my throat. I LOVE the honey and lemon tea and think I may still have it after I beat this cold! I still drink my red raspberry leaf tea everyday and will continue that, but the honey and lemon is a nice treat!

Movement? It still amazes both Nick and I how active our son is in the womb! He is constantly on the move and has even been ‘showing off’ more lately! I spent a day running errand and hanging out with my mom this week and she got to feel her grandson kicking and rolling around like a wild man! Nick has also named one of his new moves ‘The Running Man’ – it truly feels like he is trying to run inside of me! His little feet just start pushing out against my belly on the far right side and then he tries to ‘run’! It is such an odd feeling, sometimes it tickles and other times it is sort of uncomfortable. He also likes to use my bladder like a trampoline - it's not so enjoyable when he decides to do this.

Sleep? This category really should be titled ‘Lack of Sleep’. If I’m not waking up to pee I’m waking up because I’m starving! This usually happens between 3 AM and 5 AM. The only problem with getting up to eat something is that once I’m up I’m awake for the day. I’ve tried bringing snacks to bed but I still can’t fall back asleep after I eat. I have also been getting stuck in bed. It’s definitely harder to get up and I get caught/tangled in my pregnancy pillow almost every time I try to get out of bed. It really is quite comical!

Exercise? We have walked the doggies a few times this week, but I have been so busy this week and I haven’t been feeling that great so my exercise hasn’t been the best. Here’s hoping this next week will be better.

Food Cravings: Eggs, beef, Chobani Greek yogurt and blueberry banana smoothies. I also made a really good beef and vegetable soup this week. Whenever I make soup I tend to make a huge pot so I am going to freeze a couple containers of soup so we can pull them out for meals after our little man arrives. I really want to have several meals frozen ahead of time for us to enjoy after Baby Morelli arrives so this is a good start.

Food Aversions: Chicken especially fried chicken. To me, the smell of fried chicken is almost as bad as the smell of diesel trucks.

Happy or Moody? Happy! Even though I haven’t been feeling great this week I have been really happy. I’m just so excited for our little man to arrive it’s hard to let anything get me down.

Miss Anything? Felling healthy. Since I’m rarely sick it is so frustrating when I do catch something. Even though it hasn’t been a horrid cold it has still been annoying! I always have a new appreciation for being healthy when I’m sick.

Nursery Progress: Our furniture has finally arrived in New York and will be delivered to us by the end of the month! I can’t wait to see it and really get down to business decorating the nursery! My baby shower invitation went out last week and I have already been receiving gifts! My friend Shannon bought us the 4Moms Infant tub and the 4Moms spout cover. I am really excited about both of these gifts, as I know we will use them all the time! My friend Natalie also sent me some surprise gifts that arrived all wrapped up from my Amazon Registry. Thus far I have resisted the urge to open them, but I don’t know if that will last. I love all the items on my Amazon registry so it feels like Christmas every time the UPS man arrives!




Best Moment This Week: I had several ‘best moments’ this week. The first was attending the infant first aide and CPR class at Mother’s Haven with my hubby and mom. After learning how to perform CPR and the Heimlich on an infant I feel so much more prepared for the arrival of our son. The class was really great and we all were so glad that we took it. After we finished the class my mom and I both had to pee, when we finished I showed her a few of the cute baby items that Mother’s Haven carriers. We then noticed that Nick was nowhere in sight, I just figured he was on his phone returning calls outside, but I was pleasantly surprised when we walked out. Nick was bust watching the instructor give a car seat safety demonstration and asking her questions. It just melted my heart yet again to see him taking his daddy duties so seriously! On the ride home he said that we need to get our car seat soon so he can install it and have the instructor check it. The instructor teaches the first aide and CPR class once month at Mother’s Haven and will gladly inspect anyone’s car seat to insure that it is properly installed. She also told us that Kootenai Medical Center offers car seat safely inspections! What a great thing to offer new parents! My second best moment this week was a call from my friend Natalie! I haven’t talked with her since she returned from her trip to South Africa so it was great to catch up! I only wish she lived closer so I could catch up with her in person!


Looking Forward to: Our next class at Mother’s Haven. Nick and I are going to a breastfeeding class, Unlocking the Mysteries of Breastfeeding, this Saturday and I am really looking forward to learning more about breastfeeding. It’s all so new to me and I am very eager to learn. I also ordered The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding this week. My friend Laura, who has an amazing blog, Tiny Toes Little Nose, recommended it and said it was the only breastfeeding book I would need to read. I think it will be great for all those nights when I have pregnancy insomnia!





Post a Comment