28 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 28 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 10 pounds

Have You Started to Show? I feel like I should change this question because obviously I’m showing, but it’s still fun to acknowledge the changes in my body from week to week.

Stretch Marks? None

Belly Button? I would say not it but not out yet. Nick thinks it’s even or flat so we will just go with that for this week.

Maternity Clothes? I have been looking at maternity coats online, but I haven’t seen anything that I love yet.

Symptoms: Headaches and heartburn. This has been one of my tougher weeks symptom wise. I have been experiencing some pretty intense headaches lately. I’ll be just fine one minute and then the next I’ll have a pounding/throbbing headache behind my eyes. I have been getting chiropractic adjustments (thank goodness for my wonderful god mom) and they give me some relief. I know it’s just the hormones and it will pass, but it’s hard to function normally when you have a headaches-I truly feel for people who experience migraines.  I have also had almost constant heartburn lately. No matter what I eat I get heartburn!

Movement? Our little man has been practicing his karate kicks and punches this week! Nick has been able to feel some of his more intense movement this week so that has been really exciting. After he felt some pretty strong kicks this week he leaned down to my belly and said, “I can’t wait to meet you!” It melts my heart every time he talks to his son. I also think our little man has been getting the hiccups! Lately I’ve been feeling a consistent little pulse for about a minute or so, not very strong like a kick or a punch, I can only think that it’s the hiccups.

Sleep? I have ok nights and then some rough nights. Baby Morelli has been sitting really low lately so I feel like I get up to pee about 5 times a night. He has also been really active at night lately. We go to bed around 9 PM and listen to our HypnoBirthing relaxation CD and I’m usually asleep within a few minutes, but I wake up around midnight to go to the bathroom and it just continues from there. I have also been really hot at night, which is unusual for me.

Exercise? We have been experiencing the most beautiful fall that I can remember so Nick and I have been walking the dogs as often as possible. I also ordered some cork yoga blocks and a yoga strap so I can keep practicing my yoga at home.

Food Cravings: Beef. I can’t get enough beef. We had tacos twice this week and t-bone steaks with sweet potatoes. I think I could have a steak, burger or tacos everyday and be perfectly happy.

Food Aversions: Still just chicken and greasy food. I don’t think I’ll eat chicken again until I’m through my pregnancy. I’m hoping that it will sound good again, but I really have no idea.

Happy or Moody? Happy. Even though I’m more uncomfortable than I have been and I’ve head headaches I still love being pregnant. Every time I feel our son move inside me I smile. It makes all the unpleasant parts of pregnancy so worth it!

Miss Anything? Motorcycle rides. With this beautiful fall weather I have really been sad that I can’t hop on the back on Nick’s bike and go for a ride.

Nursery Progress: Nothing new this week, but I did call Romina Furniture to check on the status of my order. I was told that our furniture should be in New Jersey some time the week of October 20th and from there it will be shipped to us. I can’t wait for it to arrive!

Best Moment This Week: I had the best weekend! Friday night Nick and I went on a date night and Saturday we went to GreenBluff with my mom and her husband. Nick got his ’67 Nova back this week so we decided it would be fun to drive it to dinner for our date night. His Nova has been in the shop for a while now getting some new gears and a new rear end. We drove the Nova to Cedars for dinner and sat at a table right by the water. It was a beautiful night and it was great get out and enjoy an evening together. 




On Saturday after our HypnoBirthing class we picked my mom and her husband up and drove up to GreenBluff. They are currently having their fall festival so we ate some great BBQ and listened to a really fun live band. My mom also bought us the cutest little crocheted little baby hat! After we walked around and took pictures we enjoyed some fabulous dessert! I had a bowl of the most delicious pumpkin ice cream! 













Nick told me he was done taking pictures for the day-needless to say I wasn't happy about that!
Then we headed down to a little farm to pick hunt for the perfect pumpkins! This proved to be a bit more challenging than one might think. The pumpkin patch was so dusty and I completely forgot how pumpkins have stickers/thorns on the stems! I found two perfect pumpkins after walking up and down two fields but I still wanted a little baby pumpkin. Nick finally caught on to what I was doing and said, “Oh, I see! You want a daddy, mommy and baby pumpkin!” My husband is one smart cookie! I was about to give up when one of the workers told me they had a different field of sweet baby pumpkins! Why didn’t I ask in the first place! We literally took about four steps into the field and found our perfect baby pumpkin! Now all 3 of our pumpkins are sitting on our front steps! Overall it was an awesome weekend spent with the people I love and cherish! I am one lucky lady! Here are some pictures from the pumpkin patch and of our adorable pumpkins. I tried to get a picture of our pumpkins with my little babies, but they wouldn't pose at the same time!










Looking Forward to: Feeling headache free and normal, or as close to normal, again soon.

Post a Comment