27 Weeks

posted on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 by Kyra



How Far Along? 27 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: A little over 8 pounds

Have You Started to Show? Yes. Even though I didn’t gain weight this week I feel like I look bigger.

Stretch Marks? None, but I do have a spot on the right side of my belly that Nick thinks looks like a hickey (it’s not I swear!). I’m not sure what it’s from, but I hope it’s not the start of a stretch mark.

Belly Button? I’m still on the fence about this. It’s still sort of flat and even with my belly, but there is a part that sticks out.

Maternity Clothes? No new clothes this week, but with the change of the weather I’m going to start looking for a maternity coat

Symptoms: Heartburn! I have had heartburn almost every day this week. I also woke up in the middle of the night with horrid heartburn. My Quick Digest papaya enzymes help, but I sometimes forget to take them. I I’ve also had a couple headaches, but other than that I have been feeling great.

Movement? We have such an active little man! I LOVE all the movement that I get to feel throughout the day. I can tell it is getting harder for him to flip because he will get stuck in the middle for a bit before he can complete his flip. It’s such a strange thing to experience. I can also feel his legs on the far right side of my belly almost by my hip. I also feel him kicking my right side and the lower left front of my belly at the same time. I just love feeling him move around inside me; it makes me smile every time!

Sleep? I had one night of pregnancy insomnia this week. I woke up at 3 AM and couldn’t go back to sleep-thank goodness for my iPad! Other than the one night of pregnancy insomnia I have been sleeping great! Nick plays our HypnoBirthing relaxation and visualization CD when we are going to sleep and I’m out within three minutes! I still wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom, but I have been able to fall back asleep more quickly.

Exercise? I signed up for the unlimited streaming yoga from Gaiam TV. I have practiced a couple of the prenatal yoga videos and I think I am really going to like it.

Food Cravings: Burgers! I ate at Crafted twice this week and we had burgers at home too. I also still love cottage cheese Chobani Greek yogurt and nectarines. I finished all the nectarines from our neighbors so I had to go to Costco to buy more of their organic nectarines.

Food Aversions: No surprise here – chicken. Nick and I went to the grocery store this week and they were cooking fried chicken in the deli and I almost tossed my cookies. I think the combination of chicken and grease is the worst!

Happy or Moody? Happy! I have truly enjoyed my pregnancy thus far; I actually think I’m going to miss it a little when it’s over. Thank goodness we will have our beautiful baby boy to hold and love on!

Miss Anything? Coffee (of course).

Nursery Progress: Nothing new this week, but I can’t wait to start decorating when his furniture arrives!

Best Moment This Week: All our prenatal bonding moments. Nick and I have been reading to our little boy at night and Nick has really been bonding with his son. He has started talking to him more and “playing” with him. When he feels the baby kick he pushes back against him with his fingers. Nick also had his ear to my belly trying to hear the heartbeat when our little man kicked him! Nick laughed and said, “Don’t kick me, I love you!” My heart just melted! I love how attentive Nick has been lately, I can see that it is more real to him everyday. I truly am so blessed to have such a loving, wonderful hubby!


Looking Forward to: Our nursery furniture arriving! I should be this month and I can’t wait!

Post a Comment