19 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Sunday, January 8, 2017 by Kyra


How Far Along? 19 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 4 pounds

Symptoms: My skin has been itchy this week, but it has been below zero and in the single digits this whole week so that may be a contributing factor. Any time I’m itching I use my Mother’s Special Blend Oil and/or some Tallow lotion to take care of it. I have also been really tired this week.

Movement? Our little one is so active! I feel him/her move all the time. I have noticed that our little babe is most active at night.

Sleep? I had a couple nights of insomnia this week but nothing too bad. We took a few family nap this week so that really helped me feel better.

Exercise? I think I should remove this category. It seems like the only exercise I’m getting is chasing around a bust 2 year old!

Food Cravings: No cravings this week except for lemon and honey tea. Nick and I have a mug every morning and evening together and it is really helping me not miss coffee as much! I really am curious if we are having a girl because this pregnancy is so different!

Food Aversions: No food aversion except raw chicken, cooked is fine thankfully! I do have a serious aversion to the smell of ANY perfume, cologne, laundry detergent and scented candles. It’s so bad that I can smell Nick’s hands after he washes them in a public restroom and it makes me want to throw up! It makes my stomach turn and gives me an instant headache!

Happy or Moody? I think I’ve been pretty happy this week. I feel like my milk is doing better using the marshmallow and nettle. Cash still only nurses about 3-4 times a day, but at least he’s still nursing!

Miss Anything? Energy!

Best Moment This Week: Nick feeling the baby kick for the first time! He was able to feel our babe a few different times. We have to try when Cash is sleeping because he doesn’t like Nick’s hands on my belly for some odd reason. He always moves his hand and then lies across my belly to cover it.


Looking Forward to: Our 20-week ultrasound! With Cash I knew from the start that we were having a boy and always referred to the baby as a “he”, but with this baby I’m not certain. I keep thinking that it’s a girl and Nick and I have each had dreams that it’s a girl but I honestly go back and forth daily! I have always pictured myself with 2 boys but I do want a girl also. I want the kind of mother daughter relationship that I have with my mom. Either way we will be ecstatic and CAN’T wait to find out!


Post a Comment