18 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Monday, January 2, 2017 by Kyra


How Far Along? 18 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: I currently weigh 114 so 4 pounds total gain. A big week for growth!

Symptoms: My skin has been a little itchy this week. I’ve been using lotion at Mother’s Special Blend Oil but I think it’s partially due to the cold weather. I’ve also had some SI pain but I’ve just accepted that it’s something that happens to my body during pregnancy.

Movement? My little one has been quite the busy bee this week. I can tell that I’m going to have another active baby on my hands.

Sleep? I’ve actually been sleeping well this week. We out a cool mist humidifier in our room and I think it helps us all sleep better at night.

Exercise? Ugh. None! Life has been so crazy! I need to just start doing some yoga in my living room; otherwise I fear I won’t get any in!

Food Cravings: No major cravings except for bone broth with Kelly gold butter and eggs in it. I’ve also been on a bit of a sauerkraut kick with our meat at dinner. Cash loves sauerkraut so we have polished off a bottle this week. I really need to start making my own!

Food Aversions: Nothing too bad except for the smell of fried food and I’m still not a big fan of raw chicken.

Happy or Moody? I’ve had a super emotional week. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve cried. I feel like my milk is WAY down and I know Cash can tell too. He only nurses for a little bit and then he’s done. It also hurts like crazy when he does nurse so that hasn’t been fun. I feel like we may have a bit of a tough road ahead of us. I texted my midwife and she said I could take marshmallow root, nettle extract and dill tincture three times a day to help my milk. I’ve been doing that and drinking TONS of fluids but I feel like it has only helped a little bit. I know that pregnancy hormones can affect lactation but I’m having a hard time accepting it. It’s so frustrating when I want my body to do something it doesn’t want to do. I’m still hoping that Cash will continue to nurse until the new baby comes and then enjoy all the milk that will be here, but I really have no clue what our breastfeeding relationship will look like next week let alone 5-6 months from now. I’m just not ready for Cash to be done nursing at all so it has been really hard for me to come to terms with this change.

Miss Anything? The ability to produce as much milk as I want. Pregnancy hormones are kicking my butt this week.

Best Moment This Week: Cash has been super snugly this week so I’ve really been enjoying sleeping with him and cuddled up to me. He has also been falling asleep on Nick and night and snuggling up to him. I love to see the bond that my two guys share.

Looking Forward to: Finding out the gender in a little over 2 weeks! I can’t wait! I’m still saying “she” but I think that’s partially due to my wishful thinking. Either way we will be ecstatic!

Cash's Contemplations: Cash loves to kiss the baby and rest his head on my belly. He often says sister or brother ("brober") while he is resting his head on me. When we cuddle he likes to feel my belly. I can't wait for him to feel some movement too!



Post a Comment