Our First Father's Day 2015

posted on Sunday, July 12, 2015 by Kyra

We had a nice first Father’s Day. It didn’t go exactly as I wanted it to, but it ended up being nice nonetheless.



I wanted to make Nick breakfast in bed but he played at church so he was up at 6 AM and Cash was not ready to wake up. Nick went to church and a very fussy Cash and I met hi there for the 11:15 service. Since Cash is a chatterbox we sat out in the lobby for the service and watched it on the TV. After church we went home and I attempted to make an omelet for Nick while I wore Cash in the wrap. I ended up cooking the omelet too long but it was still edible. Cash was so fussy so we laid down for a nap.

After a very long naptime our day turned around. We had my dad and Nick’s dad and mom over for a bbq. Steaks were cooked, beers were consumed (Kombucha for me) and a good time was had. We opened present after dinner and Nick was really touched by the cards that Cash and I picked out for him. We also got him a picture frame with a picture of him holding Cash when he was 6 weeks old and a gift certificate for a 90-minute massage.






I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband and am so proud of the man and father he has become.





Post a Comment