24 & 25 Weeks Old

posted on Sunday, July 12, 2015 by Kyra

I came down with a really bad stomach flu that lasted about 5 days so blogging and taking photos were the last things on my mind that week. We have been so busy I simply forgot to post this!


Nursing: We were on a family walk this week and Cash was a little fussy in the wrap so I tried nursing him in the wrap for the first time. It was a success! It was actually way easier than I thought it would be. He nursed a bit and then fell asleep. Easy as pie! I felt like a nursing pro!

Cloth Diapering: Cash normally poops once a day but for some reason he has a pooping spree one day this week. We were all sleeping soundly until Cash decided he was going to wake up and start chatting around 1 AM. I tried to get him to go back to sleep but he was just a chatty Kathy. This quickly turned into fussing and then around 1:30 he pooped! Bu that time we were all awake so Nick helped me change his diaper. It was a H-U-G-E poopy mess! Once Cash had a clean diaper we went back to bed and nursed a little bit. Right around 2:30 AM he was just about asleep when he pooped again! We couldn’t believe it! Once again we were changing his diaper! We had the diaper cream on his little bum and were just about to put his new diaper on when he decided to poop again! It got all over the changing pad cover (because I forgot to put a flat under him) so we put a towel down under him. We wiped him up and started to put diaper cream on when he pooped a fourth time! At this point I was laughing and Cash thought that it was pretty funny too. I looked at Nick and said, “You have to admit, this is pretty funny…” Nick just looked at me and said, “Tomorrow it will be funny.” After the new diaper was on we all went back to bed. By this point it was around 3:30 AM. We were tired the next day but we were able to laugh about the whole thing.

Sleep: Besides the “pooping spree” night, Cash has slept pretty well. He did have another night where he was a bit fussy and I was pretty tired, but in general, he is a great sleeper.








Likes/Dislikes: Cash loves ceiling fans! When we go to Pilgrim’s Market he loves to stare at all the fans on the ceiling. We also have a ceiling fan in our master that he loves to watch. He also likes his 4Moms Rockaroo swing now! He likes the mobile that hangs above him, but I think he really just wants to put it in his mouth. He has even realized that he can reach up and pull it down...he just can't quite get it in his mouth.





Cash is definitely a sensitive little boy. He normally likes other people but if he is tired he just likes to be with his mama and daddy. He may be starting to shows some “fear of strangers” but for the most part he is great with new people.

Activities: Since we had the 3-day weekend we planted our flowerpots around the house. I put a bug beach towel down on the grass for Cash and put all the flowers in front of him to look at. He loved looking at the flowers and he also enjoyed ripping the grass out of the ground.

Health: Cash definitely had a growth spurt! We just switched to some 3-6 month Burt’s Bees jammies and this week we moved up to the 6-9 month jammies. I feel like he only wore the 3-6 month jammies for 2 weeks! It’s just crazy how quickly he is growing. Cash also put his toes in his mouth during a diaper change for the first time. 

I had an awful stomach flu this past week that lasted 5 days! Thank goodness Cash didn't get it! I felt so blessed to have such wonderful hubby this past week. Nick took care of Cash pretty much the whole time I was sick. He is such an amazing daddy! I sure am a lucky lady!






Best Moment: My breastfeeding/teething necklace came this week and it was just in time too! Cash loves the necklace! It was the best $20 purchase ever!

Post a Comment