37 Weeks

posted on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 by Kyra


How Far Along? 37 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds. I’m beginning to think that I may not gain much more. It seems like my weight goes up and down throughout the week but is hanging out between 14-16 pounds.

Have You Started to Show? This week Nick thinks my belly looks more like a watermelon than a basketball.

Stretch Marks? None, but my skin has been itching me a lot more this week

Belly Button? OUT and really wide. I can’t wait for it to go back in!

Maternity Clothes? Nothing new. I have been wearing one of Nick’s North Face jackets instead of my own and that seems to be working really well as a maternity coat!

Symptoms: I had a rough week this week. Friday night I went to sleep not feeling too great and woke up around midnight with a really upset tummy. I proceeded to dry heave until 1:30 AM when I finally threw up. It was really awful! I was talking with my mom the next morning telling her about my rough night and we somehow got on the subject of how she went into labor. My mom told me she woke up the morning I was born, spotted a tiny bit, went into labor and then had me that evening. As soon as I got off the phone I went to the bathroom and spotted! Crazy! I was a little concerned so I went into the bedroom where Nick was still sleeping and said, “Honey, I hate to wake you up but I just spotted a little bit.” Nick jumped out of bed, ran into the bathroom and said, “Ok, what do we need to do?!” I called my midwife and she said it could be as simple as a hormone change or our little boy could be getting ready to come. Needless to say that kick started us into high gear! We spent the weekend washing his clothes and blankets, lanolizing his wool diaper covers and getting everything ready for his arrival. I didn’t go into labor and I haven’t had any more spotting but I have been super nauseous. Crazy how a little scare makes it so real. He could be here any day now! 

Movement? Our little man still moves around like crazy! His favorite spot for his foot is my right rib. Whenever I lay down his little foot goes right up in my rib. He has also been making this fluttering movement this week. I have no clue what he’s doing but it feels so funny!

Sleep? I have decent nights and some bad nights like Saturday. Taking Saturday out of the equation, I actually slept better this week than most.

Exercise? I missed my yoga again this week because Nick and I had to go out to get some paint at our Athol house. I was bummed but I just have to tell myself that it’s ok that I’ve slowed down a bit.

Food Cravings: Smoothies! I have been making orange, pineapple, banana, smoothies with coconut oil, plain yogurt and vanilla protein. Yummy! I also like the super green smoothies from Pilgrims Market. Applesauce has also made an appearance this week.

Food Aversions: Chicken. Yuck, even thinking about chicken makes me nauseous.

Happy or Moody? Up and down. I’m super excited for our son to be here but I was really stressed when I though he was coming this past weekend! I just wasn’t quite ready so that ramped up the anxiety for me. I feel way more prepared now though.

Miss Anything? Sunny side up eggs and coffee (of course). We went to breakfast with our good friends and neighbors, Greg and Kristi, at Garnet Café and I had the beans and eggs. It sounds weird but it was so good! It would have been amazing with sunny side up eggs instead of scrambled.

Nursery Progress: I have all his diapers, clothes, blankets, sheets etc. washed and ready. The only bummer is that the Burt’s Bees bunting I bought lost two snaps when I washed it! I returned it to Target and now I need to order another one but I’m afraid it won’t arrive before he makes his grand entrance into this world! Our pictures from art.com also arrived this week and I love them but every single one had a crease on it! I called art.com and they are expediting new photos to me. Great customer service! We also bought a Simple Human trash can for our cloth diapers. I looked at specific diaper pails but decided that a stainless garbage can would work just fine. So the nursery is semi-ready. It’s not picture perfect yet but it will do just fine if our little man comes early.

Best Moment This Week: Lanolizing my Disana wool diaper covers. I felt like a total hippie but it was actually really fun! I’m so excited to cloth diaper!

Looking Forward to: A more peaceful, calm week. Now that we are more prepared I think I will be able to just enjoy these last few weeks.



Post a Comment