28 Weeks Baby #2

posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 by Kyra


How Far Along? 28 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds (125)

Symptoms: My SI has been really sore this week. I’ve had a really persistent cough and I think I really irritated it during a coughing fit.

Movement? Cruz kicks and punches like crazy! I’m pretty sure he’s head down and can’t flip around anymore. I feel him jerk all the time too.

Sleep? For the last several nights I have woken up around 2 AM to have a coughing fit that last on and off until around 4 or 4:30 so I haven’t been sleeping too well.

Exercise? We went for a walk this week when we had a rare moment of sunshine.




Food Cravings: I ate an entire container of the Cultured Mama probiotic dip with cucumber this week. It’s so good but I know Cash and I smell like garlic for days afterwards.

Food Aversions: None. My biggest aversion is to perfume and laundry smells.

Happy or Moody? I’ve been up and down this week. I did cry in bed one night this week. All the emotions and hormones running through your body can be tough to deal with on a normal day but when you don’t feel good it’s WAY harder. I had really painful stomach cramps and aches for 3-4 days and this cough to top it off so I was really just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

Miss Anything? Bulletproof coffee and sushi!

Best Moment This Week: Since I’ve been sick I used my couch time to shop on Amazon. I now have everything I need for my home birth kit plus a few extra things. I ordered some new nursing pajama/lounge clothes, a bamboo robe, Kanga Care baby wearingskin to skin shirts for both Nick and me, some postpartum healing herbs for the bath, some Earth Mama Angle Baby Mama bottom spray and Mama bottom balm and some organic cotton and bamboo cloth pads for postpartum. My mom helped me wash baby clothes and organize the boy’s room this week as well. Overall the nesting was the highlight of the week!

Looking Forward to: Getting all of my goodies in the mail


Cash’s Contemplations: Cash loves to rub my belly while he nurses. He tells us that he “will see baby Cruz soon” and that “baby Cruz will come out”. We have been looking through birth photo galleries while we deicide on a birth photographer and Cash loves to see all the brand new babies. His favorite photos are the new babies “having milk”. I ask him if he is going to share his milk with baby Cruz and he always smiles and says “yep!” I know that Cash is going to be the sweetest big brother!


Post a Comment