Worldwide Breastfeeding Week 2015

posted on Friday, August 7, 2015 by Kyra


Hands down, breastfeeding is one of my favorite things about being a mama! My own mama breastfed me for 22 months and said it was the hardest thing to give up. I never truly understood what she meant until I first nursed Cash.

I still remember the very first time he latched on at the birthing center and began to nurse. It is so amazing how something so tiny and so brand new to the world knows how to nurse!



Cash has only had mama’s milk for almost 8 months now!  I know that he is probably ready to start some solids, but I’m just not quite there yet. I know that “food before one is just for fun” but I still am just not quite ready.




Cash has so many adorable nursing habits!! I will share just a few with you and then some of my favorite breastfeeding pictures. (I seriously can’t get enough of them and I’m constantly asking Nick to take pictures of Cash while he’s nursing).













While Cash nurses he loves to…..
  • Look into my eyes and pop off the nipple to give me a toothless grin
  • Hold both sides of my boob next to the nipple while he nurses
  • Nurse sitting up
  • Put his fingers in my mouth and pull on my lips and teeth
  • Hum at the breast
  • Rock his head from side to side
  • Twiddle or play with the nipple (he does this constantly)
  • Squeeze the nipple to make milk shoot out (he also does this constantly)
  • Crawl around on me and take a few “chugs” of milk here and there
  • See mama sign “milk” before he gets to nurse
  • Nurse in the wrap and backpack
  • Fall asleep holding the nipple
  • Hold onto the opposite nipple while he is nursing
  • Watch daddy
He does so many adorable things it’s hard to list them all! I hope to continue our breastfeeding relationship until Cash is at least 2 years old. I cherish each and every moment and can’t wait to see what our future breastfeeding relationship will look like.


Nurse on mamas nurse on!














Post a Comment