4 Months Old

posted on Monday, April 27, 2015 by Kyra


Nursing: Cash wanted to nurse more frequently this week so I knew that he was going through yet another little growth spurt. I helped bump up my milk supply with some Traditional Medicinals Mother’s Milk tea and after a couple of days my milk had definitely increased!

Cloth Diapering: Our HLC diapers arrived and we LOVE them! They are super stretchy and soft and the best part is the fact that they contain Cash’s huge poops! I have also slowing been building Cash’s Sloomb basewoolie stash. I think I may have a slight addiction, but I know we will use them for the next baby so really I can just count it as being better prepared for baby #2.

Sleep: Cash is such a good little sleeper! For naps during the day he sleeps on my chest or Nick’s chest or in the ergo backpack or ergo wrap. At night Cash sleeps on his side in my arms and nurses whenever he wants. I used to wear a sleep-nursing bra at night but now I just leave my boob out for him to latch onto whenever he feels so inclined. This has really helped me get more sleep!



Likes/Dislikes: Cash loves it when mama and daddy are silly wit him! He is giggeling and smiling all the time and Nick and I are just eating it up! Cash is such a happy boy and we feel so blessed!

Cash still doesn’t like the car seat but our car sear mirrors arrived this week and I think they have helped a little but. He likes making faces and “talking” to the baby in the mirror. When he starts to fuss and cry I turn on the lights and music. This helps for about 10-15 minutes but at a certain point Cash has just had enough and he want OUT of his car seat. Don’t get me wrong though, that 10-15 minutes is worth every penny we paid for that overpriced car seat mirror!

Activities: Our good friends, Mike and Doreen, brought over Bangkok Thai takeout on Friday so we could catch up and they could meet Cash. It was so great to spend an evening in with our friends!


Health: We went in for Cash’s 4-month appointment and we are happy to report that he is a happy healthy baby boy! He weighed 12 pounds 12.5 ounces and was roughly 23 inches long (he was rolling over and wiggling around like crazy so his length was a bit tough to get). We went over the milestone checkpoints for his age and he has mastered all of them except for reaching for a toy, grabbing it and shaking it. He grabs toys but I don’t know if it’s on purpose or by accident so we will be working on this with him.

Cash’s Baltic amber teething necklace arrived his week and it is absolutely darling! We chose the "Shea" necklace with blue marbled jade and raw amber. It just screams BOY! I really hope it helps with the drooling because he drools like a Saint Bernard!



Best Moment: Cash rolls from his back to his tummy all the time now and then this week he rolled from his tummy to his back! It was so exciting! He has only done it once so far but we know that will soon change!



Post a Comment