18 & 19 Weeks Old

posted on Monday, April 27, 2015 by Kyra


Nursing: Cash definitely gets distracted while we are nursing in public. He will take a couple chugs then pull off to look around. I ordered a breastfeeding necklace this week on Etsy. I think this will really help when we nurse in public and it doubles as a teether! We are still nursing every 2 hours or so unless he is taking a nap in one of the wraps. If we are just hanging out at home we will nurse every hour sometimes. It really just depends on where we are.

Cloth Diapering: I added some figs and plums to my diet like our naturopath suggested and it has really helped with Cash’s regularity. He poops once or twice a day now.

Sleep: Our little Cash man likes his sleep. We still go to bed between 8 PM and 9 PM and Cash sleeps until 7 AM. He still nurses off and on all night and uses my nipple like a pacifier, but we are all sleeping well so it works for us.

Likes/Dislikes: Cash loves his silly daddy! Nick blows on Cash’s belly during diaper changes and kisses his toes and Cash just laughs and laughs! Nick has also been playing his guitar for Cash a little and showing Cash how to strum. I hope that Cash wants to play the guitar when he’s older.





I bought Cash some natural rubber bath toys from Begin AgainToys. He has started to grab them all on his own and he loves his crab! He is constantly chomping on the crab’s legs and claws.




We are still struggling with car rides. We dove up to the north side and Cash cried for 58 minutes straight. His sobbing and screaming breaks my heart. We can put him in his toddler car seat when he weighs 15 pounds so maybe that will help.




Activities: We had a birthday BBQ for my brother at our house last weekend.  My mom, Tom, Wyatt and Kendra came over and Nick grilled some yummy burgers. It was a nice Sunday spent with family. 



We also participated in the Great Cloth Diaper Change! It was super fun and a great place to chat with other mamas! Cash just loves looking around at all the other babies!



Health: The Morelli household has been sick on and off for the last 3 weeks (this is part of the reason I’m behind on posting my blogs). First, Nick caught a really bad cold that hung around for 3 weeks, then I caught a mild version of it and Cash had the sniffles and a runny nose for a day. It broke my heart, but my god mom, Kathy, reminded me that it’s ok for babies to get a little sickness here and there because it just helps build their immune system. Luckily it only lasted a day!



Best Moment: It is always fun to experience new phases with Cash. He changes so much day to day! Our newest phase involves Cash finding his voice. He loves to screech and make all kinds of loud noises. He makes the most adorable little squeeee noises and coos and giggles constantly. Cash can really laugh too! We can really get Cash laughing by laying him down on the bed or chair and making him bounce by pushing the bed or chair on each side of him. For some reason he finds this hilarious and just laughs and laughs!




Post a Comment