3 Months Old

posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 by Kyra


Nursing: Our little man just loves to nurse! I think he is going through another growth spurt right now because he has wanted to nurse constantly the past day and a half. Cash may also be teething early – which I have suspected for quite some time now. We were in bed nursing a couple nights ago and I was almost asleep when Cash bit down on my nipple so HARD! I couldn’t believe how badly it hurt! My nipple was soar until the next night! It had just started to feel better when he bit me 3, yes 3, more times! I always pull him off when he does this and tell him no, but he doesn’t really seem to care. The last time he bit me I actually yelled at him (not one of my finest moments, but it HURT!) and he looked up at me and stuck his bottom lip out! Granted he sticks his bottom lip out in a little pout all the time, but I still felt terrible.

Cloth Diapering: We are in L-O-V-E with our Sustainablebabyish/Sloomb OBF diapers! They are absolutely amazing! Cash’s new underwoolies (UWs) arrived yesterday and they are so adorable! I ended up buying scout (olive green), kestrel (tan) and peacoat (navy blue). My new mommy friend, Alisa Lewis, also scored a pair of steller basewoolies (BWs) for Cash in 0-6 and I scored on a pair of jade BWs in 6-18! I can’t wait for them to arrive!


Alisa met me at Mother’s Haven this week and let Cash try on all of her amazing wool stash! It was so cute to see all the different types of woolies on my little man! It was also a great reference for sizing! She even brought the different types of diapers that Sustainablebabyish/Sloom carries so I could compare them with one another. Another Sloomb mama, Lisa, also joined us. Alisa and Lisa both have darling little kiddos who It’s such a blessing to have some super sweet mommy friends around!



Cash now only poops between 1-3 times a day, but he makes them count! Luckily he mostly gets his poops out in the morning so I don’t have to worry about changing his huge poops at night.

Sleep: Cash sleeps really well at night still, with the exception of one night this week. When he’s going through a growth spurt he wants to nurse ever 1 ½ -2 hours at night! Most nights aren’t like that anymore though so I’m ok with it happening now and then.

Likes/Dislikes: Nick and I started blowing raspberries on Cash’s tummy and neck recently and he loves it! We always do this during diaper changes and he gets really still and then smiles! He is just so darn cute!

We have been experiencing some beautiful spring weather already so Nick, Cash, the doggies and I have been taking full advantage of it by going on daily walks. We simply put Cash in a carrier, hook the dogs up and then take off. We walk our 2-mile look through the neighborhood and Cash takes in as much as he can until he crashes.



We have also noticed that Cash likes to “sit up” more and more everyday. Unless he is sleeping on our chest he likes to face out so he can look around and be part of the action.



Cash still doesn’t like the car seat but there really isn’t much I can do about it. He also isn’t a huge fan of the nasal aspirator but mama has to get those boogies out one way or another!

Activities: The Morelli home had so many visitors this week and Cash just had a blast. Our old neighbors, Rob and Marla Ticknor, dropped by with their 2 girls, Grace and Olivia, on Sunday to meet Mr. Cash; the girls took turns holding Cash and were so sweet with him!





My brother and his fiancĂ©e also stopped by on Sunday and Cash saved some big cheesy grins for both of them! He also had a very long “conversation” with his uncle.





Cash also got to see all of his grandparents this week. What can I say; no one can stay away from our beautiful baby boy for too long!

Health: Like I mentioned above, I think Cash will teeth early. Whenever he is awake he is always chewing on something! His drooling is also increasing. Good thing I have a bandanna bib on the way!


Best Moment: The best moments with Cash this week happened when we had all of our visitors. I just love watching him interact with his family!




Post a Comment