Got Milk?

posted on Monday, March 28, 2016 by Kyra

When I was pregnant with Cash my mom bought me a baby sign language book. We decided to focus on some simple signs and see if Cash would pick up on them. The signs we decided to use were mama, dada, nana and milk.

Nick, my mom and I were really excited about the baby sign language and were really good about consistently using it for several months. Nick and I even went to a baby sign language class at Mother’s Haven. The teacher of the class said, “her baby was signing at 3 weeks old!” While we knew that was a stretch (that’s my way of putting it nicely), we were optimistic that we would have a signing baby with a little work. Needless to say, that just wasn’t and isn’t the case. Nick and I joke at least once a week about the baby who “signed” at three weeks old!

Well, I can proudly say that MY baby was signing at FIFTEEN MONTHS and TWO DAYS old!! HA!


Cash and I were at my mom’s house and I asked him if he wanted some milk and my mom and I signed “milk” and Cash looked at me, signed milk (like he’s done it everyday for the past 15 months) and started nursing! My mom and I were so excited! We managed to get a video of him signing milk, but the recording it upside down and sideways and all crazy (thank you camerawoman nana Bezzie) but it captures it in the end! My mom was holding Cash about an hour later and she made the comment that it was so neat that Cash signed “milk” when he did it again because he heard her say milk!



Cash is learning so much everyday! It’s so fun to see the little wheels turn in his head and see him understand us!

Post a Comment