Status: SOLIDS!

posted on Monday, October 26, 2015 by Kyra


Well we finally took the plunge and introduced solid foods on October 6th. I bought a bag of organic avocados at Costco planning on talking myself into giving one to Cash and it was perfect for his first food.

I haven't been able to import photos for almost a month so the next few posts are a little late, but it couldn't be avoided! Posts without photos are just too boring so I couldn't do it! 
I researched baby led weaning before Cash was born and loved the concept! It is so much easier than spoon-feeding and I love that it allows Cash to decide what and how much he wants to eat.

He really enjoyed smashing the avocado all over the counter but did eventually take a bite. He made the funniest “bitter beer” face and most of the avocado ended up on the floor for the dogs but all around it was a success.




The day after the avocado we went to dinner with our friend’s Mike and Doreen at Perry Street Pizza. Cash wanted to eat our pizza so we gave him a little sliver of basil and he LOVED it! He ended up eating several slivers and was perfectly content to sit on daddy’s lap and enjoy his basil.

A few days after Cash tried the avocado, I steamed an organic carrot and gave Cash some avocado and carrot at dinnertime. This time he decided he liked the avocado but wasn’t too sure about the carrot! I think he just needs a little time to warm up to the new textures.




It so fun to watch his facial expressions with the new textures and flavors! I’m not sure what we will try next but I know that I want to stick to vegetables right now and then introduce some meat. I think we will save the sweet fruits for a little while.





Post a Comment